|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 85|
|Damage||57 -> 48|
|Range||120 max -> 180 min|
|Magazine Size||10, 11|
|Rate of Fire||220 RPM|
The SCAR SSR (Sniper Support Rifle), aka SCAR-H PR (Precision Rifle) and SCAR Mk.20 Mod.0 SSR, is the semi-automatic, high accuracy version of the SCAR-H. The rifle is unlocked at rank 85 or can be purchased with credits (CR).
The FN SCAR-H PR Precision Rifle is a relatively modern rifle. It utilizes the operating system and modular architecture found in all members of the SCAR family. The SCAR-H PR incorporates features seldom found in a semi-auto precision rifle, and retains the same performance as an assault rifle.
The rifle is available with a foldable buttstock (SCAR-H PR model) or with a non-foldable precision buttstock (SCAR-H TPR model is the one used in-game.)
The SCAR Mk.20 Mod.0 SSR is the US designation of the SCAR-H TPR. However, they are identical to each other.
The SCAR SSR is a high accuracy DMR. It has a high damage and a great headshot multiplier (x2). It can lethally headshot an opponent at medium range, up to 166 studs, slightly longer than the headshot range of the SVU. Nevertheless, the SSR requires 3 shots to kill at long range - the headshot does massive damage, but it won't kill a full health enemy (96 damage maximum at long range.) This rifle has a moderate fire rate (220 RPM) and it is combined with its advantage of higher precision and reduces the effect of its moderate recoil to make it an effective killing machine like the SVU. The SCAR SSR has a very low (ergo better) bullet drop and fast muzzle velocity; it's about the same as the bolt action rifles.
The default iron sights are the same as the other SCAR rifles, but it's not so useful on a long range weapon as they are on the automatic weapons. It's highly recommended to mount any new optic available immediately.
The SCAR SSR functions similarly to the SVU. To make full use of the high muzzle velocity and low bullet drop, engage the enemies at longer ranges. It can neutralize an enemy faster than the MK-11 and the SKS, and about as quickly as the Dragunov SVU or faster due to its higher fire rate. The SSR is also very mobile - the user can (and should) change their sniping position frequently to avoid detection. Ambushing is also a good tactic to use with the SSR. Thanks to the low bullet drop and high damage, the suppressors won't affect much of the sheer power that the SSR brings to the table.
Even though it can two-shot-kill or one-headshot-kill up to a moderate range, this rifle is easily outclassed by most of the CQC and medium range weapons if they ever get close. Using a good backup secondary weapon is important to keep the user alive. Or not get yourself in a CQC situation in the first place.
Pros and Cons
- High damage and capable of a lethal headshot kill at medium range.
- Very good bullet drop and muzzle velocity.
- High ammo reserve considering its small magazine size of 10.
- Lower ROF than most of the DMRs
- Can get outgunned by many guns in close range, unless a headshot is hit.
- Small magazine.
- Can be inaccurate if sprayed due to the recoil, unlike the MK-11.
- It is heavy and hard to carry around, since it is considered a weapon of sniping (like the Dragunov SVU)
- In a older model of the SCAR-H on the FN Herstal's website, there was a 20 inch (50.8cm) long barrel configuration. This was later removed and replaced by the SCAR-H PR.
- The name SCAR SSR/MK.20 Mod.0 SSR is the US name of the rifle. The international military market name is SCAR-H PR (or TPR, for Tactical Precision Rifle).
- The SCAR SSR can also come with 20 round magazines.
- The SCAR SSR has a fire mode change animation even though it has one fire mode. In real life, though, it can shoot full auto at 600 RPM.
- The SCAR SSR has a lower firing sound than other SCARs.
|List of Weapons|
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defensive Weapons (PDWs)||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns (LMGs)||M60 - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles (DMRs)||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistol||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistol||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez|