The SCAR-SSR (Sniper Support Rifle), also known as the FN SCAR-H PR (Precision Rifle) and SCAR Mk.20 Mod.0 SSR, is a designated marksman version of the SCAR-H. It is a relatively modern rifle, utilizing the same operating system and modular architecture found in all members of the SCAR family. The SCAR-H PR incorporates features seldom found in a semi-auto precision rifle and retains the same performance as an Assault Rifle.
The rifle is available with a foldable buttstock (SCAR-H PR model) or with a non-foldable precision buttstock (SCAR-H TPR model is the one used in-game.)
The SCAR Mk.20 Mod.0 SSR is the US designation of the SCAR-H TPR. However, they are identical to each other.
Beginning in 2011, SOCOM decided to replace all their MK11s with SCAR SSRs by 2017.
The SCAR SSR is a highly accurate and powerful DMR. It has high damage and a great headshot multiplier (x2). It can One-Shot-Headshot an opponent at medium range, up to 166 studs, slightly longer than the headshot range of the SVU, However, at range it requires 3 hits to kill a full health enemy on the limbs, but 2 hits if one lands on the head or chest. This rifle has a moderate fire rate (220 RPM) and it is combined with its advantage of higher precision and reduces the effect of its moderate recoil to make it an effective killing machine like the SVU. The SCAR SSR has a very low (ergo better) bullet drop and fast muzzle velocity; it's the same as the bolt action rifles.
The default iron sights are the same as the other SCAR rifles, but it's not so useful on a long range weapon as they are on the automatic weapons. It's highly recommended to mount any new optic available immediately.
The SCAR SSR functions similarly to the SVU. To make full use of the high muzzle velocity and low bullet drop, engage the enemies at longer ranges. It can neutralize an enemy faster than the MK-11 and the SKS, and about as quickly as the Dragunov SVU or faster due to its higher fire rate. The SSR is also very mobile - the user can, (and should) change their sniping position frequently to avoid detection. Ambushing is also a good tactic to use with the SSR. Thanks to the low bullet drop and high damage, the suppressors won't affect much of the sheer power that the SSR brings to the table.
Even though it can 2SK or one-shot-headshot up to a moderate range, this rifle is easily outclassed by most of the CQC and medium range weapons if they ever get close. Using a good backup secondary weapon is important to keep the user alive. Or not get yourself in a CQC situation in the first place.
Usage & Tactics
The SCAR SSR is a hard-hitting DMR that can be compared to the Dragunov SVU. Its lack of a scope and mobility can hinder its performance. Overall, it has the faster RoF of a DMR and a similar TTK to snipers.
Pros & Cons
- High damage and capable of a lethal headshot kill at almost any range.
- Very good bullet drop and muzzle velocity.
- High ammunition reserve considering its small magazine size of 10.
- Second highest range out of the DMR's.
- Relatively fast reload.
- 2SK at most ranges.
- High DPS for a DMR.
- Lower RoF than most of the DMRs.
- Poor CQC performance. Easily outgunned up close.
- Small magazine capacity.
- High recoil - Inaccurate if spammed.
- High unlock rank.
- Slower aiming speed than other DMRs.
- In an older model of the SCAR-H on the FN Herstal's website, there was a 20-inch (50.8 cm) long barrel configuration. This was later removed and replaced by the SCAR-H PR.
- The name SCAR SSR/MK.20 Mod.0 SSR is the US name of the rifle. The international military market name is SCAR-H PR (or TPR, for Tactical Precision Rifle).
- The SCAR SSR can use 20 round magazines (The same as the ones used by the SCAR-H).
- The SCAR SSR has a fire mode change animation even though it has one fire mode.
- The SCAR SSR has a lower firing sound than other SCARs.
- The SCAR SSR was popularized by the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's SCAR-20, the name used for the SCAR SSR in CS:GO.
- The name "SCAR-20" is likely derived from the military designation for the SCAR SSR, the Mk 20 Mod 0, and the 'SCAR' family name.
- The SCAR SSR used to be the last DMR to unlock at rank 85. Now that spot belongs to the Dragunov SVDS at rank 105.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5\10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||Colt LMG - M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - RPK-12 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Hecate II|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - AKU-12 - AK-12C - SR-3M - Groza-1 - Groza-4|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR - Dragunov SVDS [NEW!]|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AK-12 BR - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M - Stevens DB|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - Glock 17 - M1911 - Deagle 44 - M45A1 [TESTING]|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9 - MP1911 [TESTING]|
|Revolvers||MP412 REX - 1858 New Army|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - ZIP 22 - SFG 50 - Sawed Off - Obrez|