The Remington 700 is an American Sniper Rifle. It is unlocked at Rank 12 or can be purchased with credits (CR).
Development of the Remington Model 700 began in 1962; after its release, it quickly became one of the most popular rifles in both hunting and military/law enforcement services. It was originally designed to be mass-produced. There are many different variants of the Remington 700 used for different purposes, being designed for civilian, police, or military service. The most well-known Remington 700 model that served in the US military and law enforcement is the Remington 40x. It is the base model for the M24-SWS series, the USMC (United States Marine Corps) custom sniper rifle, and the M40 series.
The Remington 700 is a bolt-action sniper rifle unlocked upon reaching rank 12. It deals less damage than the starter Intervention rifle and wields less full power range, but it does not change the fact the both guns need the same hit-to-kill, so it's not a real disadvantage over the Intervention.
Its magazine capacity is average for a magazine fed rifle (6+1). However, compared to the Intervention, it has a faster reload time, which can compensate for the lower capacity, and it has a good rate of fire, so missed shots are not as harshly punished. It also has a fast ADS (Aim down sights) time and very good mobility, allowing users to quickly relocate after firing a shot. However, the Remington 700 has less steady time than the Intervention, so getting precise shots quickly can be difficult.
Due to the above qualities, the Remington is better suited for an offensive play style. Like every other sniper rifle, the R700 can kill a player in one shot, should the player aim and shoot the head or torso of an enemy. Lower magnification optics like the VCOG or ACOG are recommended to improve capability in closer ranges.
This weapon is for people who want lots of power while not getting punished as harshly and getting into the fight, dropping enemies quicker, instead of staying back, getting picks patiently.
Although the Remington doesn't hit as hard as the first Recon Class rifle players get, the Intervention, it is a great sniper rifle overall and takes the same amount of shots to kill a full health enemy. A high RoF (Rate of Fire), and fast ADS time, along with generally good stats can rival the Intervention and in some cases, the semi-automatic Dragunov SVU/SCAR-SSR if the user is accurate with their shots.
Many players assume that the R700's .308 Winchester rounds have worse ballistics than the BFG-50 or the Intervention. However, this is false as the R700 has the same projectile trajectory ballistics as the other bolt-action rifles. Watch the reference for more information.
Usage & Tactics
The Remington 700 suits well for offensive playstyle as mentioned earlier. It may not hit as hard as the Intervention, but it trades this for a faster RoF and tactical reload time meaning you can put more shots into the enemy player. It therefore isn’t as punishing when shots are missed while using the Remington 700 compared to slower firing sniper rifles. In addition, it also has a quicker scope-in time, allowing players to make follow up shots even quicker. Keep in mind that it does have a relatively short scope steady time which emphasizes quickly locating targets in the user's FOV and taking them down. This also makes it easier to quickscope with the Remington 700 than with other sniper rifles.
Overall, it is a well rounded offensive sniper rifle, with a low scope-in time and good RoF allowing users to quickly recover from missed shots and apply constant pressure to their targets. It isn’t very punishing for missing someone due to the great firerate and the low scope-in time also has the nice upside of making quickscoping easier.
Pros & Cons
- Fast RoF.
- Fast tactical reload.
- Faster than usual ADS time for a Sniper.
- Long empty reload time, however, it's still faster compared to the Intervention.
- Relatively short steady time of 4 seconds.
- The Remington 700 model in-game is that of the Model 700 Magpul.
- Although the gun in-game has a 6-round magazine, the Magpul model in real life only has a 5-round magazine.
- Surprisingly, the R700's cartridge has the same ballistics as the Intervention and the BFG-50.
- It used to be the fastest-firing and reloading bolt action sniper rifle in the game until the addition of the Mosin Nagant.
- The old gun sound of the Remington 700 is the same as the Dragunov, M21, and M14's gun sound from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Its scope reticle is also the same as the scope reticles in CoD 4 and MW2.
- The gun used to have a RoF of 45 RPM early in its life before being lowered permanently to 40.
- The Remington 700 is a sniper rifle that could be built to chamber many rounds.
- The Remington 700's stock is the same as the Remington 870's. However, in real life most models have very different stocks.
- It is possible to spot and fire at the same, making the spotting animation stuck in place until the bolt is pulled. (See GIF in gallery)
- It is also possible to do it on all the other sniper rifles excluding the BFG 50.
- The Remington 700 got a new reload animation in the 1.0.3 update of the game.
- The Remington 700 is commonly used by law enforcement.
- The Remington 700's name is commonly shortened to R700.
- ↑ Wikipedia - Remingon Model 700
- ↑  YouTube - R700 Long range gameplay
- ↑  https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-magul 
- ↑  YouTube - R700 Long range gameplay
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5\10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||Colt LMG - M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - RPK-12 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Hecate II|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - AKU-12 - AK-12C - SR-3M - Groza-1 - Groza-4|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR - Dragunov SVDS [NEW!]|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AK-12 BR - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M - Stevens DB|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - Glock 17 - M1911 - Deagle 44 - M45A1 [TESTING]|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9 - MP1911 [TESTING]|
|Revolvers||MP412 REX - 1858 New Army|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - ZIP 22 - SFG 50 - Sawed Off - Obrez|