This page is currently and actively being worked on by Duodecagon. This banner is temporary and will go away after he has finished uploading photos and updated the stats of all content.
The Phantom Forces Community Testing Environment or CTE for short, as it's name suggests, was a testing environment created by AxisAngle for Phantom Forces moderators that wished to test out various changes and test out potential future updates.
History and Details
The Community Testing Environment was created on the 3rd of January 2017. The parent group "PF Community Improvements" is owned by AxisAngle. There were many differences in the CTE compared to the main game, such as the fact that guns and attachments in testing were available. Guns in heavy testing were either unavailable or had a higher-than-normal rank to be unlocked. At rank 0 all guns were available, but the attachments were not, except for the attachments they were testing, which required a single measly kill.
One must have been aware that the CTE was a testing place for unrefined additions, so flaws, unfinished content, and bugs were to be expected. As a result, the normal Phantom Forces became the suggested game for normal and stable playing.
- The CTE is now closed to all players until further notice!*
A Testing Environment for Phantom Forces, simply called "test place", is available in absence of the CTE. Link to the test place is here.
Disclaimer: This can be also considered a history list, as some of the below additions may not be in the CTE anymore.
Any addition that has made it to the full game will be underscored, although maybe not to the full extent in the CTE.
- Extended Magazines for AS-VAL, G17 and G18 (called the 33RD G-Magazine for the G17 and 18), R700, (called the 10 round police mag in-game for the R700), M16A3, SCAR-L, L86 LSW, FAMAS and L85A2 (called 40RD STANAG Magazine) and UMP-45.
- M995 AP ammo for all M16/M4 variants including the Colt LMG.
- Lighter Magazine for MP7, R700 (called 3RD internal Magazine for the R700) , M16A3, SCAR-L, L86 LSW, FAMAS and L85A2 (called 20RD STANAG Magazine for the M16A3/M16A4, SCAR-L, L86 LSW, and FAMAS ), and SKS.
- MK318 SOST ammo for all 5.56x45mm guns excluding SCAR-HAMR, AUG A2, AUG HBAR, Colt LMG, AUG A3 and AUG A1, increases penetration, long range efficiency, but decreases max damage and ammo pool.
- AKM: Banana Magazine (Joke attachment).
- MP5A4: JHP Ammo.
- .50 AE ammunition for Desert Eagle .44, may be removed and replaced by the Deagle 50.
- 7.62x39mm ammunition for the AK-12, increases damage and recoil, may be replaced by the AK-15.
- The PSO-1, an alternate scope for the Dragunov SVU, has now become an unlockable attachment. Also available on the VSS Vintorez.
- PM II sniper scope for the AWS and L115A3.
- Aligner, as it's name implies, is used by the moderators to align the sights of guns.
- This attachment replaces the firing sound with a distinctive fart sound, and the aligner has text in a light blue/cyan neon background saying "This is a Compensator! (I swear...)".
- Oddly enough, said cyan background only appears when in hipfire, but only after aiming down sights once
- .375 CT ammo for the Intervention.
- Hypergat for all semi-automatic weapons.
- 12 Gauge Ammo for AK-12.
- Glock Drum for Glock 18.
- G-Handle for Glock 17 and Glock 18.
- M198 Duplex Ammo for SCAR-H, Remington 700, and AG-3.
- Serbu Drum for Serbu Shotgun.
- X-Ring for all primaries.
- Loudener for all primaries.
- PistolGrip for all pistols.
- PistolFoldgrip for all pistols.
- Longer barrel for M1911 and Colt SMG 635.
- RT-RD 5x Scope for M9, Intervention, and AK-12.
- Steel Ball for all shotguns.
- 10RD Howling Raven for Mosin Nagant and Obrez.
- M1022 LRS (Long Range Sniper) Ammo for BFG-50 only.
- Desert Eagle .50: Deagle chambered in .50 Action Express. (Likely outdated due to Desert Eagle .44 buff)
- G36K: New assault rifle, carbine variant of the G36.
- AK-15: New assault rifle, 7.62x39 version of the AK-12. (Likely replaced by AK-12 BR)
- G11K2: New assault rifle by HK designed to replace G3, but never did. Fired a unique proprietary caseless round.
- MP5A4: New burst MP5 variant featuring a unique ammo attachment.
- IZH-43: New double barreled shotgun. (Likely replaced by the Stevens DB)
- AR-15/50: A battle rifle chambering the 50. Cal round.
Notable Gun Stat Changes:
For in depth detail about all gun stat changes, see Trello
- Aug A2 now does 34-19 damage.
- 1000 RPM Burst mode for AK-12.
- L22 now does a max 35 damage.
New Grenades and Melee:
- M84 Stun Grenade: Enemy players nearby, including the player that threw the grenade have their screen become fully white for a short period of time, and all sounds are flushed out until with an ear ringing sound until the effects of the grenade flush out. Has a 5 second fuse identical to the default grenade.
- Smoke grenade: Releases smoke in a radius, hindering the visibility of nearby enemies. Is thrown a shorter distance than the default grenade. Has a 5 second fuse identical to the default grenade.
- Fists: Low damage but high speed "melee" weapon intended to finish off very low health enemies.
- Crane: A miniature model of the crane with similar damage and range statistics to the knife, but mostly unique.
- New sounds including unique reload sounds for many of the guns as well as new firing sounds.
- Changes to maps like Crane Site, Highway Lot, and most notably Ravod 911.
- Many balancing changes to guns.
- New HUD and loading screen.
- Many new cases and keys.
- New backgrounds for several pages in the menu.
- A few other miscellaneous and/or small changes.
- Slide shotting (A glitch commonly used in trickshotting) has been fixed.
- Melee weapons did 0 damage to prevent hacking. Though after the end of the exploiter outbreak, melee weapons do damage again, as normal.
- A new map was added to the CTE on 5/23/17 named "Warehouse".