|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 117|
|Damage||50 -> 40|
|Range||100 max -> 150 min|
|Rate of Fire||65 RPM|
The Obrez is a Russian bolt-action rifle-pistol. It is a sawed-off version of Mosin Nagant. It is unlocked at rank 117 as a sidearm.
The "обрез" or Obrez (Roughly meaning "cut-down" in Russian) can be construed as a sawn-off Mosin-Nagant, created by Russian revolutionaries during the Russian Revolution to fit their need for concealed weaponry. By cutting down the long 30.5-inch barrel and carving a pistol grip from the wooden shoulder stock, any ubiquitous Mosin-Nagant rifle (produced in their millions) could be easily hidden in chimneys and religious icons, or anywhere passing soldiers would not be expected to look., and was thus used most by spies and saboteurs.
The Obrez is the second most difficult gun to unlock, M231 being first. The Obrez is devilishly expensive and, being unlocked at an appreciatively high rank, is quite a prized find. It is quite unique compared to other sidearms, as it behaves somewhat like a pocket sniper rifle due to its stats (high range, great aim stability, decent damage output, and the capability of a one shot headshot at any given range). However, that doesn't make it the strongest of them all; it is inferior in a major way to the MP412 Rex and the Deagle when it comes to close quarter engagements, but, this weapon has the upper hand when considering longer range engagements. The body hitbox multipliers may affect the outcome of the overall damage output and due to its high range, it can keep dealing its max damage under a range a secondary weapon would be effectively used. the Obrez's main strength is its one shot headshot at any range, basically giving no reason to use the Mosin Nagant, its rifle variant, if you are skillful at landing headshots. It should be noted that the Obrez does a bit less damage on body and limb parts, which further emphasizes the need for consistent headshots as not all enemies will be severely wounded by your teammates. However, it being at a higher rank than the Mosin discourages players from buying and using the Mosin instead. This weapon is great for last ditch survival attempts in CQC and picking off targets at long ranges where as a PDW in the Scout class would have difficulty doing so, which are situations that would always go wrong in a battle, even for higher ranks. There seems to be a solid reason why this gun is unlocked at a high rank.
Using the Obrez is difficult due to the relatively high recoil and a difficult follow-up shot, making it a weapon only the most experienced shooters could favour. As it needs to have its bolt cycled after every shot, its fire rate is somewhat mediocre in terms of speed, although when considering it's able to hit a one hit headshot at any ranges, the Obrez's damage may overcome its setbacks. However, if you are planning to use this weapon in close quarters, it's preferable to use a CQC oriented sidearm instead of the Obrez as fire rate matters more in close quarters situations.
Pros and Cons
- Can one shot headshot at any range
- Fast reload.
- High damage output.
- Easy to use iron sights for headshots.
- Fastest fire rate of bolt-actions in the game.
- Low magazine size.
- No front iron sights
- Can't carry a reserve chambered round.
- Hard to master.
- Large barrel attachments (such as most Suppressors) block default sight.
- High recoil, hard to track the enemy if missed or hit by a non-fatal shot.
- High spread beyond 200 studs. Any further shots require luck to hit.
- Apparently has spread.
- It is one of the few WWII weapons added to Phantom Forces (along with the Mosin Nagant) that is not modified into a modernized version.
- It is the most inaccurate gun in the game (without attachments), but with the highest aim stability.
- "Obrez" means any sawed-off weapon that is easy to conceal, and was mostly used by spies.
- The Obrez can (rather curiously) pick up ammo from pistols such as the M9 and G17. However, the MP412 REX and Deagle .44 are not compatible with the Obrez.
- An original Obrez is rather hard to find due to the age and lack of documentation since the users were against an organized military. As a result, many of them were lost or destroyed.
- In the film Star Wars Episode 5: the Empire Strikes Back, one of the Bounty Hunters on the Super Star Destroyer is wielding a modified Obrez.
- "обрез" (Obrez) translates as the Russian word for "Edge".
- It has suffered the same fate as some others like the Serbu and the BFG-50 and the Tec-9. On 4/4/2017. The devilishly evil but extremely muscular and devilishly handsome Stylis Studios, Gods of Fitness, Have change the stats of the Obrez. It has a 2000 RPM with 20/50 ammo. It also has 3 Fire Modes. Semi, Semi and Auto. (I'm not making this up.)
|List of Weapons|
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defensive Weapons (PDWs)||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns (LMGs)||M60 - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles (DMRs)||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistol||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistol||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez|