Heckler & Koch HK MP5SD is an MP5 with an integral suppressor. The suppressor itself is divided into two stages; the initial segment surrounding the ported barrel serves as an expansion chamber for the propellant gases, reducing gas pressure to slow down the projectile. The decompression stage occupies the remaining length of the suppressor tube and contains a stamped metal helix separator with several compartments which increase the gas' volume and decrease its temperature. Finally, it deflects the gases as they exit the muzzle, muffling the exit report. The bullet leaves the muzzle at subsonic velocity, so it doesn't generate a sonic shock wave in flight like other guns. As a result of reducing the barrel’s length and venting propellant gases into the suppressor, the bullet’s muzzle velocity dropped in the range of 16% to 26% (depending on the ammunition used) while maintaining the weapon’s simplicity and reliability. The weapon was designed to be used with standard supersonic ammunition with the suppressor on at all times.
The MP5SD has a built-in suppressor, as has been mentioned above. The suppressor drops the bullet velocity, although its damage statistics are the same as its sibling. However, this PDW has a higher average soft statistics than its sibling. Like the AS VAL, Honey Badger, VSS Vintorez, and AWS, this weapon cannot equip any barrel attachments because of its integrated suppressor. It features 2 fire modes: semi-automatic and full-auto.
The MP5SD suppressor is as effective as the ARS suppressor (only enemies that stay under 30 studs can detect you on the mini-radar) without any damage and range penalty. This is, perhaps, the greatest advantage of the MP5SD.
The integral suppressor decreases the muzzle velocity and makes the bullet drop faster, so its effectiveness at medium to long ranges is lower than the other MP5 variants. To make up for this, the developers have given it the same amount of minimum damage per shot as the other MP5s, despite having a suppressor.
Usage & Tactics
Pros & Cons
- Has the same long range damage as the MP5, despite its integral suppressor.
- Has the same fire rate as MP5.
- Greater hip stability than the MP5.
- Very low recoil and good handling characteristics overall.
- Integral Suppressor.
- Cannot use barrel attachments.
- Slightly Less CQC damage than MP5.
- Slightly less range than MP5.
- Before the 4th of July update in 2017, the MP5SD had a firerate of 700 RPM which was equivalent to the MP5SD's real life ROF, However this made the gun very weak and inferior to many other PDW's and the honey badger, so its firerate was buffed to be equivalent to the other MP5 guns at 800 RPM.
- In real life, the MP5SD's suppressor can be removed. This is not possible in-game.
- The MP5SD model in-game is actually the MP5SD2 because of its fixed stock and auto/semi fire modes.
- Despite having the same fire rate and effectively the same damage, the MP5SD still takes a longer time to kill at range than the stock MP5. For example, at 175 studs, well within both their effective ranges, the MP5SD will kill in 0.472 seconds, while the MP5 will kill in 0.445 seconds, assuming that all shots hit.
- The similar damage to the MP5 is because in real life, the MP5SD's suppressor works by taking normal supersonic 9mm rounds, and slowing them down to subsonic speeds.
- If you equip the Ballistic Tracker, you cannot deploy with it. If you rejoin, you cannot spawn with any guns. For now, the only way to end the glitch is to select another primary weapon and rejoin.
- One of the five weapons that doesn't take Barrel attachments, the other four are AS VAL, Honey Badger, VSS Vintorez and AWS.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5-10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||Colt LMG - M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - RPK-12 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - AKU-12 - AK-12C - SR-3M - Groza-1 [NEW!] - Groza-4 [NEW!]|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AK-12 BR - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M - Stevens DB|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - ZIP 22 - SFG 50 - Sawed Off - Obrez|