| This page is OUTDATED!
Some information in this page is incorrect due to a recent game update. You can help by gathering up-to-date information, then editing the page with the new information.
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Personal Defense Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 60|
|Damage||34 -> 19|
|Range||22 max -> 110 min|
|Magazine Size||30, 31|
|Fire Modes||Auto | Semi|
|Rate of Fire||800 RPM|
The Heckler & Koch MP5SD is an MP5 that features an integral suppressor. The suppressor itself is divided into two stages; the initial segment surrounding the ported barrel serves as an expansion chamber for the propellant gases, reducing gas pressure to slow down the projectile. The decompression stage occupies the remaining length of the suppressor tube and contains a stamped metal helix separator with several compartments which increase the gas' volume and decrease its temperature. Finally, it deflects the gases as they exit the muzzle, muffling the exit report. The bullet leaves the muzzle at subsonic velocity, so it doesn't generate a sonic shock wave in flight like other guns. As a result of reducing the barrel’s length and venting propellant gases into the suppressor, the bullet’s muzzle velocity drops in the range of 16-26% (depending on the ammunition used) while maintaining the weapon’s reliability. The weapon was designed to be used with standard subsonic ammunition with the suppressor on at all times.
The MP5SD is very similar to its predecessor, the MP5, with the main difference being its integral suppressor. Compared to the base MP5, it has slightly lower maximum damage and effective range. However, the MP5SD has the highest muzzle velocity of any suppressed PDW, and its base stats make it statistically superior to an MP5 equipped with any suppressor. Like other integrally suppressed weapons, the MP5SD cannot accept any barrel attachments. It features 2 fire modes: semi-auto and full-auto.
Usage & Tactics
In summary, the MP5SD is a superior variant of the MP5 with a suppressor, retaining the three-shot-kill (3SK) maximum damage and the same 6SK minimum at the end of its damage drop-off. It boasts very low vertical and equally low horizontal recoil. The integral suppressor combined with a high rate-of-fire (RoF) makes it good in close-quarters-combat (CQC), although, like the base MP5, it may suffer against higher damage-per-second (DPS) weapons and shotguns. Despite its 6SK with minimum damage, its tight recoil pattern gives it respectable performance at range. However, when compared to other, non-integrally suppressed PDWs, its relatively low muzzle velocity makes bullet drop compensation hard to manage when fighting past medium range.
Much like the MP5, the MP5SD is a very versatile PDW. Even with an integral suppressor, it is still decent past its minimum damage range thanks to a high RoF, low recoil, and mediocre minimum damage when compared to other PDWs. This weapon is a suitable alternative for those who prefer the handling of the MP5 but wish to use a suppressor, in place of unlocking one for the MP5.
Pros & Cons
- Integral Suppressor.
- Good RoF.
- Very mild recoil.
- Good handling characteristics.
- Good range.
- Cannot equip barrel attachments.
- Relatively low minimum damage.
- Low muzzle velocity.
- Very low maximum range of 15 studs.
- High recoil when hip-firing.
- Before the 4th of July update in 2017, the MP5SD had a fire rate of 700 RPM; equivalent to the weapon's real-life firerate. However, this made the gun very weak and inferior to many other weapons in general, so its fire rate was buffed to 800 RPM.
- In real life, the MP5SD's suppressor can be removed. This is not possible in-game, however, and the real-life weapon is not intended to be fired without the suppressor attached.
- The MP5SD model in-game is actually the MP5SD2, due to its fixed stock and fire-mode selector.
- The MP5SD's unique rubber handguard can be removed and replaced with a Picattiny tri-rail to attach grips, laser sights and other accessories. However, this is not seen in-game, as the rubber handguard remains when attaching such accessories.
- Despite being an integrally suppressed weapon, the MP5SD does not have any shot suppression range.