|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 0|
|Damage||30 -> 17|
|Range||35 max -> 65 min|
|Magazine Size||30, 31|
|Fire Modes||Auto & Semi|
|Rate of Fire||900 RPM|
The MP5K is a starter weapon and the first PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) available to and good to a new player. The MP5K fires 9mm rounds from a 30-round magazine.
The MP5K (Maschinenpistole 5 kurz, literally: short machine pistol 5) is a shortened variant of the MP5, manufactured by Heckler & Koch. Due to modifications that resulted in the bolt of the MP5K becoming lighter, the MP5K has a higher rate of fire than its long-barreled cousin. The MP5K also has a built-in vertical foregrip which replaced the handguard, but no shoulder stock. The MP5K was released in 1976. In 1999, Heckler & Koch developed the UMP as a cheaper and lighter successor, although both weapons are still popular on the market today, due to their price/quality.
The MP5K is the first weapon unlocked in the Scout Class and is also one of the weapons that players receive for use when first starting out. This SMG (Sub Machine Gun) has a very fast Rate Of Fire (RoF) of 900 RPM (Rounds per Minute), tying with the P90 as the 3rd fastest firing PDW (behind the MP7 and Colt SMG). Yet, it still has accuracy comparable to that of a carbine. Like the majority of PDWs, the MP5K has high mobility and higher-than-average hip stability. The damage per shot provides decent stopping power for almost any situation, except perhaps for the all-out squad/enemy group assaults which can happen frequently in Phantom Forces. For these reasons, the MP5K is a versatile weapon for most players.
Being a PDW, the MP5K is most effective at CQC (Close Quarters Combat), although it can land a decent amount of damage at a moderate distance. When set to semi-automatic ("V" key) and equipped with Aim Stability-increasing attachments, (sights,compensater or lasers and grips) the MP5K can find some use at longer ranges even with its low damage at range. However, using a MP5K specifically for this role still isn't recommended, as it needs up to 6 shots or 5 head shots to kill a full heath enemy at long range.
The MP5K can be treated like a CQC oriented M4. New players can use this weapon as an alternative to the aforementioned carbine - some may even find it more easy to use thanks to its low, easily managed recoil, fast RoF, and being a full auto weapon compared to a burst. A well versed MP5K user can kill even an M60 toting player in CQC since both guns have the same TTK in close range
The MP5K can pick up ammunition from every pistol firing 9mm rounds as well as any PDW.
Pros and Cons
- Cuts em' down!
- Very good starter weapon (maybe make rank 5)
- High Rate of Fire of 900 RPM and Damage Per Second at short ranges.
- Good mobility and maneuverable.
- Easy to keep this weapon topped up on ammo, thanks to what it can take ammunition from.
- Very good in CQC as the high RoF easily counters other weapons.
- Burns ammunition quite fast due to its Rate Of Fire.
- Very low minimum damage.
- Very short range, comparable to that of a pistol.
- This gun was buffed to 800 RPM from 600 RPM in an earlier patch. It was recently increased to its real life RoF of 900 in the February 9th update, which added the MP5 and MP5SD.
- The MP5K has the 2nd highest in-game hip ability of the MP5 series, just slightly behind the MP10.
- Before, when a underbarrel attachment was added, it would be attached to the side of the gun like the MP7, instead of replacing the default grip. This however was fixed, and now any underbarrel attachment will properly replace it. More interesting is that some attachments would mount to the right side of the MP5K, where in real life it would be impossible to access and use it.
- The bullets in-game once shot out of the gas tube. However. In the February 9th update, the model of the MP5k was remade and the bug was fixed.
- The MP5K is the smallest PDW, if not the smallest primary gun in the entire game.
- The MP5K gained a different stock, a white clip and a longer trigger after the Beta.
|List of Weapons|
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defensive Weapons (PDWs)||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns (LMGs)||M60 - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles (DMRs)||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistol||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistol||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez|