|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 4|
|Damage||56 -> 28|
|Range||65 max -> 100 min|
|Rate of Fire||600 RPM|
The MP412 REX was designed for export (REX, Revolver for EXport, possibly coincidentally, Rex also means 'King' in Latin), but never put into full production due to lack of a market and the only prototypes made were during the late 1990s. The biggest market for the revolver was America but then president Bill Clinton signed an agreement with Russia to stop import of firearms for Russia to the US, killing off any possible chance of profit for the REX's manufacturers.
The MP412 REX was designed by IZHMECH, the state-owned Russian Izhevsk Mechanical Plant, which also designed and produced the Makarov PM semi-automatic pistol.
The MP412 was unique in that it had a break-open frame rather than a swing-out cylinder design of most modern revolvers and a composite bottom frame consisting of steel with a polymer envelope. It weighs in at 0.9kg and has a barrel length of 6 in (153 mm). Many revolver buyers view the design as inferior because the break-action design being seen as not as strong as the more modern swing-out cylinder design which is inherently stronger, having a solid top instead of a top latch.
The MP412 is currently the only revolver in PF, and it can kill a healthy enemy with 2 shots to the torso and 1 shot to the head until 65 studs, but it requires up to 4 shots to kill full-health opponents at long range as the base damage is 28.
This gun is best used up close for headshots when it is an OHKO, but can be used over range. Though not being as damaging or having as much range as the Deagle it is much faster-firing because of the double-action system and much more efficient because of the single headshot kill up close. MP412 REX is recommended for use alongside sniper rifles and DMRs because it can kill extremely quickly at close ranges, something sniper rifles and DMRs are not able to do.
The player can treat the weapon the same as the Desert Eagle but with a faster RoF; the only drawbacks are its slower reload, higher recoil, and shorter range. The best way to kill one's enemies more efficiently is to fire the weapon as accurately as one can at the head. The player should watch his ammunition count, because running out of ammunition can pose a difficult situation as the reload isn't very quick, and the weapon can only pick up ammo from itself and the Deagle .44. Since it is a revolver, it cannot carry a chambered round, making 6 rounds the maximum amount of ammo in the gun.
Spamming is not recommended with this gun, as the muzzle flash and recoil will make it almost impossible to hit a shot after your first two bullets. Instead of spamming the trigger, fire three shots-This would kill an opponent in close range, no matter where the bullets hit the opponent. This allows for better ammo conservation, and less complicated situations when several enemies are rushing against you.
Pros & Cons
- Low unlock level
- Powerful and effective if used correctly
- Highest damage deal/rate of fire of all pistols, very lethal at short range
- Can OHKO an opponent at close range
- Surprisingly high RoF
- Long reload time
- No additional round in the chamber due to use of a cylinder instead of a magazine
- High recoil
- Has the fourth-smallest amount of ammunition in one reload in the secondary weapon slot, behind the Obrez, Serbu Shotgun, and SFG 50.
- User must have quite a bit of trigger discipline
- .357 magnum round limits the player's pool of weapons to pull ammo from
- Cannot attach suppressors
- This gun is designed to use with the .375 Magnum round, but it can also use the .38 Special.
- This revolver can only fire up to 200 RPM, which is the average of the double action revolver.
- The place of origin of the weapon is Russia.
- The REX was never put into production, so it is questionable how the Phantoms and Ghosts got so many of these revolvers in the in-game universe.
- The REX in-game is reloaded with a speed loader; it lets the user load all six rounds at once.
- While reloading, all the casings are ejected out of the gun, even if there is still some ammo left. However, this is only cosmetic, and you will not lose the ammo you had loaded in the gun.
- The gun uses a .357 Magnum. This round is smaller and significantly weaker than the .44 magnum on the Deagle 44. The high damage of the REX in game is possibly for balancing reasons.
- 'Rex' in Latin means 'King'. Whether this had anything to do with the naming of this revolver or not, no one knows.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez - SFG 50|