|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 4|
|Damage||56 -> 28|
|Range||65 max -> 100 min|
|Rate of Fire||600 RPM|
The MP412 REX was designed for export (REX, Revolver for EXport, possibly coincidentally, Rex also means 'King' in Latin), but never put into full production due to lack of a market and the only prototypes made were during the late 1990s. The biggest market for the revolver was America but then president Bill Clinton signed an agreement with Russia to stop import of firearms for Russia to the US, killing off any possible chance of profit for the REX's manufacturers.
The MP412 REX was designed by IZHMECH, the state-owned Russian Izhevsk Mechanical Plant, which also designed and produced the Makarov PM semi-automatic pistol.
The MP412 was unique in that it had a break-open frame rather than a swing-out cylinder design of most modern revolvers and a composite bottom frame consisting of steel with a polymer envelope. It weighs in at 0.9kg and has a barrel length of 6 in (153 mm). Many revolver buyers view the design as inferior because the break-action design being seen as not as strong as the more modern swing-out cylinder design which is inherently stronger, having a solid top instead of a top latch.
The MP412 is currently the only revolver in PF, and it can kill a healthy enemy with 2 shots to the torso and 1 shot to the head until 65 studs, but it requires up to 4 shots to kill full-health opponents at long range as the base damage is 28. Along with this high level of damage, there comes ridiculous recoil to balance out the weapon. The recoil when taking time to aim each shot is somewhat manageable, but shooting at the REX's max RoF will make the recoil uncontrollable, causing the user to missing all of their shots. It's recoil is higher than even that of the Deagle's.
Usage & Tactics
This gun is best used up close for headshots when it is an OHKO, but can be used over range. Though not being as damaging Deagle, it is much faster-firing, making it better at close range trying to quickly put a few shots into the opponent. MP412 REX is recommended for use alongside sniper rifles and DMRs because it can kill extremely quickly at close ranges, something sniper rifles and DMRs are not able to do.
The player can treat the weapon the same as the Desert Eagle but with a faster RoF; the only drawbacks are its slower reload and higher recoil. The best way to kill one's enemies more efficiently is to fire the weapon as accurately as one can at the head. The player should watch their ammunition count, because running out of ammunition can pose a difficult situation as the reload isn't very quick, and the weapon can only pick up ammo from itself and the Deagle .44. Since it is a revolver, it cannot carry a chambered round, making 6 rounds the maximum amount of ammo in the gun.
Spamming is not recommended with this gun, as the muzzle flash and recoil will make it almost impossible to hit a shot after your first two bullet as mentioned before. Instead of spamming the entire cylinder of the REX, fire a few (2-3) shots in quick succession. This is usually enough to kill an opponent in close range. This allows for better ammo conservation, and less dangerous situations when several enemies are rushing against the user and they need to reload the REX while lacking a good CQB primary.
Overall, the MP412 REX can be seen as a lower magazine size but higher damage, higher recoil, higher RoF version of the Deagle. This entails a higher risk but a higher reward: If the user has good aim and can control the recoil, the higher Rof and damage can help with dispatching enemies more quickly. But miss, and the long reload and small magazine size will severely punish the user if they cannot get to cover.
Pros & Cons
- Low unlock level.
- Powerful and effective if used correctly.
- Highest damage deal/rate of fire of all pistols, very lethal at short range.
- Can OHKO an opponent at close range.
- Surprisingly high RoF.
- Empty reload has a same reload speed as the normal reload.
- Long reload time.
- No additional round in the chamber due to use of a cylinder instead of a magazine.
- High recoil.
- Has the fourth-smallest amount of ammunition in one reload in the secondary weapon slot, behind the Obrez, Serbu Shotgun, and SFG 50.
- User must have quite a bit of trigger discipline.
- .357 magnum round limits the player's pool of weapons to pull ammo from.
- Cannot attach suppressors.
- The REX is currently the only revolver in the game.
- The REX is designed to use with the .375 Magnum round, but it can also use the .38 Special.
- The REX can only fire up to 200 RPM, which is the average of the double action revolver.
- The REX was never put into production.
- The REX in-game is reloaded with a speed loader; it lets the user load all six rounds at once.
- While reloading, all the casings are ejected out of the gun, even if there is still some ammo left. However, this is only cosmetic, and you will not lose the ammo you had loaded in the gun.
- The gun in-game uses a .357 Magnum. This round is smaller and significantly weaker than the .44 magnum on the Deagle 44.
- Despite using a different caliber, it can pick up ammunition from the Deagle and visa versa.
- 'Rex' in Latin means 'King'. It is unknown if this had anything to do with the naming of this revolver or not.
- The barrel in-game is slightly longer than the barrel in real life.