|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 4|
|Damage||56 -> 28|
|Range||65 max -> 100 min|
|Rate of Fire||600 RPM|
The MP412 REX (Revolver for EXport. Russian: МР-412 РЕКС) is a Russian double-action revolver. It is designed by IZHMECH and is chambered in the .357 Magnum. Like its name suggests, the MP412 REX was designed for export. Its unique design allows its to automatically eject shells at once when it is reloaded due to its break-action chamber.
However, the manufacturing is not at its full throttle due to market issues. As a result, only prototypes were created in the late 1990s. America was the biggest buyer on revolvers until US President Bill Clinton made the decision to make an agreement with Russia to stop importing firearms to US. This conclusively brought REX's business to a downfall. 
The MP412 was unique in that it had a break-open frame rather than a swing-out cylinder design of most modern revolvers and a composite bottom frame consisting of steel with a polymer envelope. It weighs in at 0.9kg and has a barrel length of 6 in (153 mm). Many revolver buyers view the design as inferior because the break-action design being seen as not as strong as the more modern swing-out cylinder design which is inherently stronger, having a solid top instead of a top latch.
The MP412 REX is a high damage secondary weapon, killing with 2 shots to the torso and 1 shot to the head up until 65 studs, although it is a 4-Shot-Kill (4SK) at the end of its damage drop-off. This is still better than the likes of the M9 or G17. The weapon also has very high recoil, kicking sharply upwards before returning to centre. Shooting the weapon at its firecap will make the recoil harder to control, usually resulting in the user missing their target. The weapon kicks harder than the Deagle, but returns to its original firing positing fairly quickly. Its Rate-of-Fire (RoF) is quite high, at 600 RPM, slower than most of the Pistols, but quite high for a high-damaged secondary.
Usage & Tactics
The REX is best used up close for headshots when it is a 1SK but can be used over longer ranges. Though not dealing as much damage as the Deagle, it is much faster-firing, making it better at close range trying to quickly put a few shots into the opponent. The REX is a good choice to use alongside Sniper Rifles and DMRs because it can kill extremely quickly at close ranges, compensating for the lack of close-range power of the aforementioned weapon types.
The player can treat the weapon the same as the Desert Eagle but with a faster RoF; the only drawbacks are its slower reload and higher recoil. The best way to kill one's enemies more efficiently is to fire the weapon as accurately as one can at the head. The player should watch their ammunition count because running out of ammunition can pose a difficult situation as the reload isn't very quick, and the weapon can only pick up ammo from itself and the Deagle .44. Since it is a revolver, it cannot carry a chambered round, making 6 rounds the maximum amount of ammo in the gun.
Spamming is not recommended with this gun, as the muzzle flash and recoil will make it almost impossible to hit a shot after the first two bullets as mentioned before. Instead of spamming the entire cylinder of the REX, fire a few (2-3) shots in quick succession. This is usually enough to kill an opponent in close range. This allows for better ammo conservation and less dangerous situations when several enemies are rushing against the user and they need to reload the REX while lacking a good CQB primary.
Overall, the MP412 REX is fairly similar to the Deagle, but has higher damage and RoF at the cost of higher recoil and lower capacity. This entails a higher risk but a higher reward: If the user has good aim and can control the recoil, the higher RoF and damage can help with dispatching enemies more quickly. But miss, and the long reload and small magazine size will severely punish the user if they cannot get to cover.
Pros & Cons
- Low unlock level.
- High close-range damage.
- High Damage Per Second (DPS).
- Can 1-Shot-Headshot an opponent at close range.
- Surprisingly high RoF.
- Long reload time.
- Not able to chamber an extra round.
- High recoil.
- Small capacity - Fourth-smallest in the secondary weapon category, also tied with the 1858 New Army, behind the Obrez, Serbu Shotgun, and SFG 50.
- High ammunition consumption rate for a secondary weapon.
- Uncommon ammunition type.
- Cannot attach suppressors.
- Although it accurately cannot be suppressed, flash hiders will not work with revolvers for the same reason suppressors won't; the chamber gap between the cylinder and the barrel.
- The REX is designed to use with the .357 Magnum round, but it can also use the .38 Special.
- The REX can only fire up to 200 RPM, which is the average of the double action revolver.
- The REX was never put into production.
- The REX in-game is reloaded with a speed loader; it lets the user load all six rounds at once.
- While reloading, all the casings are ejected out of the gun, even if there is still some ammo left. However, this is only cosmetic, and you will not lose the ammo you had loaded in the gun.
- The REX uses the .357 Magnum cartridge, which is smaller and significantly weaker than the .44 magnum used by the Deagle 44.
- Despite using a different caliber, it can pick up ammunition from the Deagle and visa-versa.
- 'Rex' in Latin means 'King'. It is unknown if this had anything to do with the naming of this revolver or not.
- The barrel in-game is slightly longer than the barrel in real life.
- This is the first revolver to be added to the game, the second being the 1858 New Army.