The MAC-10 is an American Personal Defense Weapon. The MAC-10 is unlocked at rank 23 or can be bought with credits (CR).
The MAC-10 is a compact, blowback-operated machine pistol/SMG developed by George B. Ingram in 1964. It can be chambered in 9x19mm or .45 ACP. A smaller variant called the MAC-11 is chambered in .380 ACP.
A two-stage suppressor was created for use with the weapon that significantly reduces the noise and makes the weapon easier control, although it also makes the weapon considerably more difficult to conceal.
While it is universally known as the MAC-10, this name was actually never given to the weapon by MAC. MAC officially designated the weapon the M10.
The MAC-10 performs similarly to the Colt SMG 635 in that it has a "similar" RoF to the Colt and 3-6 shot kills like the Colt. In fact, it has the second highest damage of all PDWs, being the only one capable of achieving a 2HKO to the head other than the UMP45. Alongside the high damage, it also possess a high RoF of 1090 RPM. When combined with its high damage, the TTK for the MAC-10 is extremely low. While this results in the mag emptying very quickly, which means frequent reloads, this is somewhat compensated for by the MAC-10's above average number of rounds in reserve, being at 150, the highest within the PDW category, tied with the P90 and Kriss Vector.
But it does come with some large downsides. Two of the most glaring are its inability to put on underbarrel attachments and high recoil, the latter a common characteristic of high RoF weapons. This results in reduced capability to control recoil, which hampers ADSing, and by extension, usage beyond close range. It is in a similar situation to the L22, which also cannot use underbarrel attachments ( except the underbarrel laser) but exacerbated due to this gun's higher recoil. The only options to reduce recoil are barrel attachments and certain optics.
But the good hipfire stability makes up for this, as this gun will mainly be used in close quarters, so hip-firing is a viable alternative to ADSing.
The MAC-10 is classified as a Compact Personal Defense Weapon.
Usage & Tactics
This gun is best used in close quarters like the Colt SMG and Vector, as the minimum damage of 19 and high recoil, especially with the lack of underbarrel attachments for it, severely hinder usage beyond this range. It's playstyle is very similar to the above weapons, with few differences.
Flanking is recommended with this gun, as it is worse compared to other guns in mid-range fights, including PDWs such as the MP5K and UMP 45. At close range, the 2HKO to the head is what separates it from the Vector and Colt, so staying close to the enemy is the only advantage that makes this gun worth using, as both the Vector and Colt have the ability to attach grips, while the MAC-10 lacks this ability.
Hipfiring with this weapon makes this gun even more suited for close quarters, as the user will be rarely engaging beyond this range, and the good hipfire stability helps with this. It gives more time to attack enemies, as the user won't have to ADS, which takes up precious reaction time.
The laser attachment is a godsend for the MAC-10. Due to its high recoil and tendency to not hit anything at ranges further than close, the green laser and laser are very helpful attachments, both when you are aiming normally and in its alternative sight(gangster style). It helps to aim shots accurately due to the fact that it is vertically lined up with the barrel. This makes mid ranger encounters much easier.
The alternative aiming mode is good for mid-range combat if the user equips any laser onto this gun, as the user will avoid the recoil when aiming normally while still being able to hit accurately using the laser they have equipped in lieu of a sight.
Overall, the MAC-10 is even more close quarters oriented than the Vector or even Colt SMG 635, trading the ability to put on underbarrel attachments to be able to achieve a 2HKO to the head, a feat only able to be achieved by one other PDW, the UMP 45, which has a higher TTK. It short, it is a dedicated close range shredder, with a lack of power beyond this range.
Pros & Cons
- Extremely high RoF (1090 RPM), beaten only by the Kriss Vector, M231, the AN-94's burst fire mode (1800 RPM), and the TEC-9
- Second highest maximum damage for a PDW, only the UMP 45 beats it
- High movement speed
- Fastest TTK of all automatic weapons in Phantom Forces
- One can press T to rotate the weapon 45 degrees. This makes aiming more difficult without a laser, but one at least has an option to avert the high recoil when aiming normally. It is useful to people who find aiming down sights on high recoil guns hard.
- Unable to equip underbarrel attachments
- Extremely high recoil
- Unable to leave a round in the chamber after a tactical reload
- Extremely high RoF means ammo wastage is plentiful and reloads are often without incredible trigger control
- Low damage-dropoff range, with the damage beginning to drop at 20 studs and the gun reaching minimum damage at 75 studs
- There was a grip strap created for the MAC-10 in real life in response to complaints about the MAC-10 lacking a place for the supporting hand. While the model in-game has the sling adapter for such strap, it lacks the strap in-game, with the character handling it as if it were a pistol.
- The MAC-10 and the Colt LMG are the first open bolt weapons added to the game after the M60
- In spite of being an open bolt and the game treating it as such, the model and animations portray it as if it has a closed bolt.
- This is the only primary in the game where the sprinting animation is the same as a pistol's.
- Mounting an optic on this gun obstructs the bolt, but it still functions normally.
- 4th weapon added to the game chambered in .45 ACP after UMP45, M1911, and Kriss Vector.
- When it was first added, it was chambered in 9mm.
- Before rebalancing, this had a max damage of 24, making this a 5HKO in close quarters, it also had a RPM of 1250, as well as still having a long reload even though it couldn't load an extra round in the chamber.
- Currently, the weapon has no third-person model, so its third-person model is substituted by the MP5K's.
- This is currently the only gun in the game to have a long reload even though it cannot load an extra round in the chamber.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez - SFG 50|