|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 0|
|Damage||35 -> 20|
|Range||40 max -> 80 min|
|Magazine Size||15, 16|
|Rate of Fire||780 RPM|
The M9 is an Italian Pistol. The M9 is unlocked by default.
The Beretta M9 is a 9×19mm Parabellum pistol adopted by the United States Armed Forces in 1985. It is a military specification Beretta 92FS, a derivative of the original Beretta 92.
The M9 replaced the M1911A1 as the primary sidearm of the U.S. military, beating many other contenders, and only narrowly defeating the SIG P226 for cost reasons. During the course of the XM9 trials, it was exposed to extreme temperatures, doused in salt water and dropped into concrete many times for testing. It officially entered service in 1990. Some other models have been adopted to a lesser extent, namely the M11 pistol, and other models remain in use in certain niches.
"The CZ-75, P226, G17 and the Beretta 92 were dubbed "Wonder Nines", with a pint of sarcasm from those who preferred the more proven revolvers, but eventually the advantage of these new pistols started to erode any resistance". -Ahoy 
In January 19, 2017, the Sig Sauer P320MHS was selected to replace the M9 as the standard issue sidearm in the United States Army. It will be designated as the M17.
The M9, along with the Glock 17, is a starter pistol available to all classes. It is a well rounded pistol, sporting a good capacity size for a pistol and average statistics overall. Although not matching the volume of fire of the Glock 18, it is still respectable considering its semi-automatic nature and its damage. Although its stopping power is outclassed by the MP412 REX or Desert Eagle .44, it still has relatively good damage, possessing a three-shot-kill (3SK) in Close Quarters Combat (CQC), and only needing a 5SK at long range. Considering the nature of a pistol, the M9 boasts good performance all round, however, it suffers from any lack of speciality in its statistics. An interesting note, the M9 is one of three pistols, the others being the M93R and the ZIP 22, able to attach the VCOG 6x Scope. However, because of the M9's weak damage output and short effective range, the VCOG has questionable usefulness on the M9.
Usage & Tactics
The M9 is commonly compared to the G17 because of their almost identical statistics and both are unlocked by default. The main difference between the two is the maximum damage values and magazine size. The M9 dealing 35 damage up close compared to the G17's 34 damage, leaving the M9 with a slightly further 3SK range than the G17, since both have the same damage drop-off distance.
However, the G17 has a slightly higher magazine capacity, sporting 17+1 capacity than the M9's 15+1 capacity. It also has more manageable recoil, although the difference is mild at the most, barely making any sort of distinction, considering the semi-automatic nature of both pistols and both having lower recoil. However, having more rounds at the players' disposable means the G17 is a more forgiving weapon to shoot, particularly in CQC.
Overall, the M9 is a durable and reliable sidearm, sporting good statistics across the board. Its high damage means its good for finishing off injured opponents, even at longer ranges and at a close range, is able to tackle an enemy at full health. However, the M9 has no particular speciality, being a jack-of-all-trades, master or none. It doesn't excel at a given distance or situation, compared to other pistols on offer. However, the M9 still remains a versatile option for both newer players and experienced ones. It gets the job done.
Pros & Cons
- Quick reload time.
- High rate of fire (RoF).
- Extremely good muzzle velocity for a pistol.
- Can attach the VCOG scope.
- Very mild recoil.
- Unlocked by default.
- Good magazine capacity for a pistol.
- Mediocre TTK compared to other pistols.
- Lacks any specialization.
- Average damage - on par with the G17 but outdone by the high-powered pistols.
- The M9 was originally the only pistol unlocked by default. After the July 4th, 2017 update, the G17 is also unlocked by default. The M93R was also unlocked by default during the July 4th, 2017 update, but was reverted back, most likely for balancing purposes.
- The M9's hammer is shown to be constantly de-cocked, giving the impression that it is a double action only (DAO) gun. This is inaccurate for the M9.
- The M9 was the first secondary weapon to which the VCOG scope could be attached.
- The M9 used to have slightly higher damage at range, a value of 20 versus the G17's value of 19. This made the M9 a 5SK whereas the G17 was a 6SK at longer ranges. The G17 was then buffed to 20 minimum damage, giving them the same shots-to-kill (STK) model.
- ↑  Wikipedia - Beretta
- ↑  Wikipedia - Beretta M9
- ↑ -.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE1jXbVAGJQEORz9nZqb5bQ Ahoy