The M4A1 is an improvement of the M4 carbine. This variant of the rifle is fully automatic and has a heavier barrel.
A newer bolt carrier is also developed to increase the durability, this makes the M4A1 more robust to withstand sustained fire. The fully automatic trigger gives a more consistent trigger pull, which leads to better accuracy, mostly for the semi automatic fire.
The M4A1 is replacing the M16A2/A4 as the standard rifle in the US military forces, except to the custom built M16A4 for some special forces.
The M4A1 is very effective as an offensive weapon. Its low recoil, good rate of fire and damage create a near-perfect carbine. Though the rate of fire this lower than the regular M4 (780 RPM vs 950 RPM), the full-auto of the M4A1 is more suitable for spraying targets, hit and run, and run and gun tactics like the original M4 when it had full-auto.
The M4A1 is basically the fully automatic version of the M4, possessing the same minimum damage. If you used to the old automatic M4, you'll feel right at home with this gun. There is virtually no difference between them.
Except for the 1st shot recoil, the recoil pattern of the M4A1 is relatively tight and accurate for medium range combat, making it good for spraying at medium ranges. Semi-auto is generally not very useful on this gun, as its minimum damage is 19, meaning it's a 6HKO. The only time semi-auto should be used is if a target is out of range of full-auto mode.
The M4A1 is highly customizable. There are many good combinations of attachments for any playstyle. Players can spend time fine-tuning the M4A1 to their play style, as it is extremely versatile. If the player is more close quarters oriented, suppressors and low zoom sights would work well. A vertical grip in that case also wouldn't be a bad idea. If the player has more of a focus on mid-range combat, a higher zoom optic would be preferable, along with an angled or stubby grip.
Pros & Cons
- Most suppressors won't decrease the HTK an enemy
- Fast reload
- Third-fastest-firing carbine in the game (M4 being first, SR-3M being second)
- Moderately close crosshairs are good for spraying at close-medium ranges
- Iron sights are quite bad without a flash hider sight or suppressor due to muzzle flash
- Higher Rate of ammo consumption than most carbines
- Lower damage at range, like most carbines: HTK increases from 4 to 6
- The M4A1 and the M4 have the same model, except the M4A1 has a black magazine where the M4's is grey. This also applies for the M16A3 and the M16A4.
- The M4A1 performs very similarly to the pre-0.12.7 M4. Both guns had the same RoF and damage.
- The M4A1 is one of the most widely used and known carbines in the world.
- Before the release of the M4A1, the original M4 had a different model and had 3 fire modes: Auto, Burst, and Semi. This M4 was then split into the M4 and M4A1, most likely for realism reasons.
- This was previously unlocked at Rank 14.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez - SFG 50|