The M4A1 is an improvement of the M4 carbine. This variant of the rifle is fully automatic and has a heavier barrel.
A newer bolt carrier is also developed to increase the durability, this makes the M4A1 more robust to withstand sustained fire. The fully automatic trigger gives a more consistent trigger pull, which leads to better accuracy, mostly for the semi automatic fire.
The M4A1 is replacing the M16A2/A4 as the standard rifle in the US military forces, except the custom built M16A4 for some special forces.
The M4A1 is very effective as an offensive weapon, suited towards point black to medium range. Its low recoil, good rate of fire and damage create a carbine that can handle most situations. Although the rate of fire is lower than the M4 (780 RPM vs 950 RPM), and the maximum damage is also less (32), the M4A1 is more suitable for spraying targets due to being fully-automatic and having less harsher recoil when fired continuously.
Except for the 1st shot recoil, the recoil pattern of the M4A1 is relatively tight and accurate for medium range combat, making it good for spraying at medium ranges. Semi-auto is generally not very useful on this gun, as it's a 6HK at long range. The only time semi-auto should be used is if a target is out of range of full-auto mode.
The M4A1 is highly customizable. There are many good combinations of attachments for any playstyle. Players can spend time fine-tuning the M4A1 to their play style, as it is extremely versatile. For a more close quarters oriented build, suppressors and low magnified sights such as the Reflex Sight would work well. A Vertical Grip would also work well in tangent with such setups, giving the weapon better hipfire performance, a vital trait in CQC. For a build focused more on mid-range combat, a high magnification optic would be preferable, along with an angled or stubby grip to lower recoil.
Usage & Tactics
Pros & Cons
- Fast reload.
- Low recoil, especially with attachments.
- Good hipfire for a Carbine.
- Very light and mobile
- Compatible ammo.
- Extremely versatile and deadly especially in skilled hands.
- Unlocked by default.
- Bad Muzzle Velocity for a Carbine at 2200 stud/s.
- Lower damage at range, like most carbines: HTK increases from 4 to 6.
- Damage is mediocre, comparable to some PDWs.
- The M4A1 and the M4 have the same model, except the M4A1 has a black magazine where the M4's is grey. This also applies for the M16A3 and the M16A4.
- The M4A1 performs very similarly to the pre-0.12.7 M4. Both guns had the same RoF and damage.
- The M4A1 is one of the most widely used and known carbines in the world.
- Before the release of the M4A1, the original M4 had a different model and had 3 fire modes: Auto, Burst, and Semi. This M4 was then split into the M4 and M4A1, most likely for realism reasons.
- This was previously unlocked at Rank 14, but is now available at rank 0.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5-10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||Colt LMG - M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - RPK-12 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - AKU-12 - AK-12C - SR-3M - Groza-1 [NEW!] - Groza-4 [NEW!]|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AK-12 BR - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M - Stevens DB|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - ZIP 22 - SFG 50 - Sawed Off - Obrez|