The L115A3 is a British Sniper Rifle. The L115A3 can be unlocked at rank 82 or can be bought with credits (CR).
In November 2007, the British Ministry of Defense (MOD) announced snipers in the Army, Royal Marines and RAF Regiment were to get a new rifle. The L115A3 is being supplied as part of a broader Sniper System Improvement Program (SSIP) program which also includes night sights, spotting scopes, laser range finders and tripods.
The L115A3 is also used by other country high budget countries.
The L115A3 rifle was first deployed to Afghanistan in May 2008.
Accuracy International has since discontinued the AWM and other members of the AW family in favor of the more modern AX family.
The L115A3 is an average sniper rifle in general. Like all of the other sniper rifles, it can kill with one shot to the head at any range. The muzzle velocity is at 3000 studs/sec. Though, the L115A3 base damage is higher than the R700, it's torso multiplier is only x1.1, the lowest torso multiplier of the sniper rifle category, but this does not matter much against a full health enemy, as the other sniper rifles are also a 2HKO to the chest at any range, save for the BFG 50 and Intervention.
The L115A3 has custom iron sights as default optic and the ready-to-use PM II scope available as an attachment.
Pros and Cons
- Slightly higher mobility than most snipers
- Second-fastest firing sniper, falling 10 RPM behind the Mosin
- Has the fastest tactical reload out of the all the snipers (tied with AWS)
- Second fastest ADS time (behind the Mosin Nagant; tied with the AWS)
- Very low torso multiplier. The damage is less than even the R700, which uses smaller ammunition
- Small magazine capacity
- Very slow empty reload, encourages a tactical reload
- L115A3 was added on alpha version of the game. The first appearance of the gun was in wooden skin, with stocked scope same as Intervention and fired sound like Call of Duty's Intervention sound. Then later removed for house keeping. Before Version 2.0.0, Lito teased about the revamped gun in Twitter.
- This is the second readded gun in the game.
- The L115A3, used by a British officer, held the record of the longest confirmed kill from November 2009 to May 2017 at 2,707 yards (2.47 kilometers) beating the previous longest confirmed kill held by Canadian Robert Furlon.
- The actual L115A3 is offered with a olive, tan stock or black, and not white like presented in game.
- The L115A3 in British service generally has a tan stock.
- For a while, both the L115A3 and the AWS used the same reload animation as the old Remington 700. They currently share the old Remington 700's cycling animation.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 [ADDED!] - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - Colt LMG [ADDED!] - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS [ADDED!] - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 [ADDED!] - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3 - Henry 45-70 [NEW!]|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M [NEW!]|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez - SFG 50 [ADDED!]|