|- This article is UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Please excuse its informal appearance and insufficient info while it is being worked on. You can help! Remember to cite your sources when adding new information to pages about upcoming content.
The Karambit R is a One Handed Blade. It is unlocked by rolling a LEGENDARY while opening a case.
The Karambit is a small curved knife that originated in Southeast Asia. This kind of claw-like knife is called "Karambiak" or "Kurambik" in the native Indonesian language and Malay. It is called "Karambit" in the Philippines, which is what it is known as in most western countries. In a traditional grip, the knife is held with the index finger in the ring and the point of the blade facing outwards. In a hammer grip, the knife is held with the little finger in the ring and the point of the blade outwards.
The in-game model has a white curved blade and an ergonomic handle. It has a ring at the bottom and dark blue grip sandwiched into a handle.
The Karambit is a single-handed blade with fairly high damage, being capable of an instant-kill with a backstab or headshot. Swing and slash speed is fairly quick, with no delay time for the weapon's quick attack swing. Range is extremely small, however, at a miniscule 1.5 studs, making the reach of the weapon very limited. The Karambit has a unique strength in having the highest walkspeed of any melee weapon in-game.
Usage and Tactics
The Karambit (R) is very effective in close-quarters-combat (CQC). The high mobility and walkspeed allows a user to easily move around the map and flank enemies - sneaking behind enemy lines and taking them out from behind. The quick swing and slash speeds allow the weapon to be used in panic CQC situations where a user's weapon is largely ineffective.
The Karambit is a useful melee weapon for quick aggressive playstyles. The fast walkspeed and quick attack times allow the weapon to be effectively used in CQC against weapons such as shotguns and Personal Defense Weapons.
Pros & Cons
- Quick slash speed.
- Occupies very little visual space.
- Quick walk speed
- Unlocked in case only.
- Short stab range.
- The weapon's kill feed name is Karambit (R).
- In-game, the player wields the Karambit in a traditional grip.
- The slash animations for the Karambit were redone and tweaked leading to them being more realistic to real world usage.
- It is one of the most loved and hated melee weapons by the community in game due to it's fast handling and high damage.
- When inspecting the Karambit, which can be done using H (this works for any weapon), the user will twirl the Karambit out of their pocket, look at both sides, then twirl it back into their pocket. This is a unique feature among melee weapons.
|Blades||Single Handed||Cleaver - Karambit R - Knife - Machete - Mek'leth - Tactical Spatula - JKey - Ice Pick - Tomahawk▲|
|Double Handed||Chosen One - Hattori - Nordic War Axe|
|Blunts||Single Handed||Crowbar - ASP Baton - Stick Grenade - Trench Mace|
|Double Handed||Baseball Bat - Sledge Hammer|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|