|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 1|
|Damage||35 -> 21|
|Range||40 max -> 80 min|
|Rate of Fire||130 RPM|
The Kel-Tec KSG is a unique pump-action shotgun that entered production in 2011. It is a bullpup design, meaning that the gun's action is placed before the trigger, which is the same concept used in other bullpup designs such as the Steyr AUG. It feeds from two separate tube magazines that can be switched between manually using a lever; however, this feature is not reflected in-game. This gives the KSG a very high ammo capacity of 14+1, with seven (2.75in) shells in each magazine and one in the chamber.
The weapon is equipped with Picatinny rails on the top and sides of the forend, allowing accessories such as lasers and sights to be attached readily. The perpendicular forward grip and back-up iron sights seen in most media are not included in the basic package.
The KSG-12 is a pump action shotgun with a high capacity and rate of fire. Its rate of fire surpasses that of all other pump-action shotguns, firing almost 50% faster than the slowest firing shotgun, the KS-23M. However, it isn't the fastest shotgun in the class, beaten by the Stevens DB in that regard.
With standard buckshot or flechettes, the KSG-12 fires 8 pellets from each shell. The damage per pellet is lower than the Remington 870, but higher than the Serbu Shotgun. The weapon's pellet spread is average between the Remington 870 (lower) and the Serbu Shotgun (higher).
Usage & Tactics
While the weapon's high capacity can be advantageous in a prolonged firefight, it is still reloaded one shell at a time as with other shotguns. This can result in a very long reload time when reloading the weapon from empty. However, because the weapon can be fired readily as long as there is any ammo in the magazines, this doesn't necessarily become an issue.
Like the other shotguns, the KSG-12 is best used in close range. Its effective 1HK range is similar to that of the Remington 870, but it may take more shots to kill a full health enemy at further ranges.
In conclusion, the KSG-12 is a potent CQC weapon. It boasts a higher rate of fire and higher ammunition capacity than nearly all other shotguns at the cost of a higher pellet spread, less damage per pellet at range and short effective range.
x0.9 max damage - x1.1 max range - x3 pellets
|Max (44 studs)||Min (80 studs)|
|(x0.99 - x1.1)(x24 pellets) Head||34.65 (831.6)||23.1 (554.4)|
|(x0.9 - x1)(x24 pellets) Torso||31.5 (756)||21 (504)|
|(x0.9)(x24 pellets) Arms and Legs||31.5 (756)||21 (504)|
x0.9 max damage - x1.1 max range - x5 penetration
|Max (44 studs)||Min (80 studs)|
|(x0.99 - x1.1)(x8 pellets) Head||34.65 (277.2)||23.1 (184.8)|
|(x0.9 - x1)(x8 pellets) Torso||31.5 (252)||21 (168)|
|(x0.9 - x1)(x8pellets) Arms and Legs||31.5 (252)||21 (168)|
x3 max damage - x2.5 min damage - x5 penetration - One projectile - Special multipliers
|Max (40 studs)||Min (80 studs)|
|(x1) Arms and Legs||105||52.5|
Note: The damage value in-game is rounded down, example: 99.9 damage is counted as 99 damage and not 100 damage.
Pros & Cons
- Highest capacity of any shotgun.
- Second highest rate of fire of any shotgun, beaten only by the Stevens DB.
- Very loud gun noise.
- Higher pellet spread than the Remington 870.
- Lower damage per pellet than the Remington 870 at range.
- Unable to attach a Ballistics Tracker.
- Reloading from empty to full takes forever.
- The sights are the same as the generic iron sights, but the front post is little bit thicker.
- The KSG-12 is the first shotgun and non-starting weapon to be unlocked in-game.
- The weapon has 2 tubes that need to be switched in real life. However, for the ease of development and usability, this feature is not reflected in-game.
- It is likely that an extended tube selector is being actuated halfway through firing with the shooter's wrist, which is how a similar effect to the near-bottomless magazines of the KSG in video games can be replicated in real life.
- It's the only shotgun in the game that is a bullpup.
- Because the KSG-12 has a shorter barrel than the Remington 870, this may be the reason it deals less damage and has a bigger spread.x
- There is a feature exclusive to shotguns which allows the player to look over the optics by pressing "T". Attaching Canted sights deactivates this.
- It doesn't have the Ballistics Tracker attachment, unlike other shotguns.
- This is the only shotgun to not get a range buff in version 3.2.1a (although it did get a damage buff to a 3 pellet kill at close range).
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5-10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||Colt LMG - M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - RPK-12 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - AKU-12 - AK-12C - SR-3M - Groza-1 [NEW!] - Groza-4 [NEW!]|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AK-12 BR - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M - Stevens DB|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - ZIP 22 - SFG 50 - Sawed Off - Obrez|