The Intervention is an American Sniper Rifle. The Intervention is unlocked by default.
The CheyTac M200 Intervention is a bolt-action Sniper Rifle manufactured by CheyTac LLC, but also can be considered as an anti-material rifle. It can be chambered in either .408 CheyTac (10.36x77.21mm) or .375 CheyTac. It is based on the EDM Arms Windrunner M96. The caliber was designed for long-range use. It was designed for a potential military requirement for an anti-personnel, anti-sniper and anti-material roles with a presicion range of 2,200 yards (2000 meters). CheyTac claims the weapon has a sub-Minute Of Angle (MOA) accuracy up to 2500 yd (2,286 m), one of the longest ranges of any modern day Sniper Rifle. The cartridge is optimized for accuracy by a balance of the rotational and linear drag which reduces yaw and precession, and keeps the tip of the projectile pointed along the trajectory. The receiver is made from solid milled steel for high reliability. Even though it shoots a smaller projectile than the .50 BMG, the barrel of the M200 Intervention is slightly thicker than the Barrett M82/107 for the best accuracy at long range.
The Intervention is considered one of the most accurate Sniper Rifles in the world, holding the world record for the best grouping of bullets at a distance, landing 3 bullets within 16.625 inches (42.23 centimeters) at 2,321 yd (2,122 m).
The Intervention is the first Sniper Rifle that you will get your hands on in the game. It's very well rounded for a first time user but can be absolutely deadly in the hands of a master. It's extremely effective at medium and long range encounters. This weapon hits hard and is extremely useful for getting used to Phantom Forces' sniping mechanics, which does not look too kindly upon noscoping or quickscoping.
The Intervention does not have as high a rate of fire as the Remington 700, but it has a somewhat large magazine and is better at handling multiple enemies/squads at range. The Intervention rewards more defensive play-styles and supporting your team from the back. With a little bit of practice, this weapon can be brutal at range, whether the job is knocking down the spearheading fighters of a squad or clearing out a sniper nest from cover. The Intervention is a menace at distances like 150-180 studs, where its high damage, low bullet drop, and long range can accurately knock out hostiles while most weapons can barely get that far. Although a user still has to be wary of LMGs but they are much less of a nuisance at this distance.
Players may overcompensate bullet drop when using lower magnifying scopes because of the Intervention's outstanding ballistics. Sticking with the default scope is generally the best option. However, the VCOG 6x is recommended if the player wishes to switch optics. The VCOG provides more field of view for closer range encounters, while its faster ADS time and lower zoom help the user take out enemies quicker with the Intervention's high damage.
Usage & Tactics
The Intervention can be used for not only long range but for CQC and mid-range combat. This can be achieved through equipping a laser (this may enable easier no-scoping) and the user's preferred low to medium zoom sight as well as a range of grips to reduce visible recoil. It can one-hit-kill by shooting the torso at close range. The Intervention can be used through skills without the attachments mentioned above. Equipping a Ballistics Tracker enables long range engagements made easier with the CQC Attachments.
In the end, the Intervention is a really well-rounded sniper rifle, and great for newcomers to get used to sniping. It has great potential as well, working really well for experienced snipers.
Pros & Cons
- Largest magazine size of all sniper rifles (tied with the Hecate II).
- Relatively high steady time of 6 seconds.
- One-Shot-kill on the torso inside 100 studs.
- Low bullet drop (courtesy of having the highest muzzle velocity in game, shared with every sniper except the AWS).
- Third highest damage of all the sniper rifles.
- Unlocked by default.
- Slow Aim Down Sight (ADS) speed.
- Long reload time.
- Slow walkspeed.
- Distinctive firing sound.
- The Intervention's old firing sound sounded similar to the SRR-61 Sniper Rifle from BF4, which is the Intervention under a different designation.
- Before its overhaul, when a grip was equipped on the Intervention, its unique built-in handle was removed; It now sits in front of the built-in handle.
- Additionally, using different scopes with the Ballistics Tracker would prove strangely ineffective when aiming for the headshot. It was, however, accurate when used with the standard scope. This has since been fixed and all sights work properly with the Ballistics Tracker.
- The Intervention is used by a small selection of armed forces, such as the Turkish Special Forces Command (aka the Maroon Berets) and the Polish GROM.
- Non-scope sights (sights that don't cover your surrounding vision with black, such as the PKA-S or ACOG sights) reduce the ADS time by almost half.
- The Intervention is the heaviest weapon in the game, weighing at 31 pounds (14 kg) without a scope.
- The Intervention, alongside the 3 original Sniper Rifles and the VCOG, had its scope reticle changed with the 2.2.0 update.
- The Intervention's carry handle is interesting as it's located underneath the barrel.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5\10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||Colt LMG - M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - RPK-12 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Hecate II|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - AKU-12 - AK-12C - SR-3M - Groza-1 - Groza-4|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR - Dragunov SVDS [NEW!]|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AK-12 BR - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M - Stevens DB|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - Glock 17 - M1911 - Deagle 44 - M45A1 [TESTING]|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9 - MP1911 [TESTING]|
|Revolvers||MP412 REX - 1858 New Army|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - ZIP 22 - SFG 50 - Sawed Off - Obrez|