The Cheytac M200 Intervention is an American Sniper Rifle. The Intervention is unlocked from rank 0.
The CheyTac M200 Intervention is one most of the accurate sniper rifles in the world. CheyTac claims it has sub-MOA (Minute Of Angle) accuracy of up to 2300 meters.
The receiver is made from solid milled steel for high reliability. Even though it shoots a smaller projectile than the .50 BMG (.408 CheyTac or 10.36x77.21mm), the barrel of the M200 Intervention is slightly thicker than the Barrett M82/107 for the best accuracy at long range.
It also has a free-floating barrel, which means that the barrel isn't attached to the stock of the gun. This increases accuracy tremendously. There are many accessories available for the weapon, ranging from muzzle brakes, bipods, and ballistic CPU's. It is based on the EDM Arms Windrunner M96.
The Intervention is the first sniper rifle that you will get your hands on in the game. It's very well rounded for a first time user but can be absolutely deadly in the hands of a master. It's extremely effective at medium and long range encounters. This weapon hits hard, and is extremely useful for getting used to Phantom Force's sniping mechanics, which does not look too kindly upon noscoping or quickscoping.
The Intervention does not have as high a rate of fire as the Remington 700, but it has a somewhat large magazine and is better at handling multiple enemies/squads at range. The Intervention, rewards more defensive play-styles and supporting your team from the back. With a little bit of practice, this weapon can be brutal at range, whether the job is knocking down the spearheading fighters of a squad or clearing out a sniper nest from cover. The Intervention is a menace at distances like 150-180 studs, where its high damage, low bullet drop, and long range can accurately knock out hostiles while most weapons can barely get that far, though you still have to be wary of LMGs, but they are less of a nuisance at this distance.
Players may overcompensate bullet drop when using lower magnifying scopes because of the Intervention's outstanding ballistics. The VCOG 6x or the default scope is recommended when encountering that problem. It is also better for closer range encounters, as the VCOG's faster ADS time and lower zoom help the user take out enemies quicker with the Intervention's high damage.
The Intervention can be used for not only long range, but for CQC and mid-range combat. This can be achieved via equipping a laser (this enables easier no-scoping) and the ACOG sight as well as a range of Grips to reduce visible recoil. Equipping a Ballistics Tracker enables long range engagements made easier with the close quarter Attachments.
Pros and Cons
- Largest magazine size of all sniper rifles
- High steady time of 6 seconds
- One-hit-kill below 100 studs
- Low bullet drop (courtesy of having the highest muzzle velocity in game, shared with every sniper sans AWS)
- Slow ADS time
- Long reload
- Two-shot kill above 100 studs
- It can take up to 2 shots to the extremities in game to kill an enemy up close, but takes 2 shots anywhere but the head at more than 100 studs.
- Its old gun sound sounded similar to the gun sound of the SRR-61 sniper rifle from BF4, which is the Intervention.
- Pre-Overhaul, when a grip is equipped on the Intervention, its unique built-in handle is removed; It now sits in front of the built-in handle.
- Intervention is used by 2 armed forces only despite having very good stats in real life (Turkish Special Forces Command (OKK) and Jordan's SRR61).
- Pre-Overhaul, using different scopes with the Ballistics Tracker will strangely prove ineffective when aiming for the headshot and was accurately used with the standard scope; This has since been fixed and all sights work efficiently with the Ballistics Tracker.
- Non-Scope sights (sights that DON'T cover the surrounding line of vision with black such as the PKA-S or ACOG sights), reduce the ADS time by almost half.
- The Intervention is the heaviest weapon in the game weighing at 31 pounds (14 kg) without a scope.
- In real life a sniper can enter info (wind speed, bullet velocity etc.) into a ballistics computer which will tell the shooter where to aim similar to a Ballistics Tracker.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 [ADDED!] - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - Colt LMG [ADDED!] - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS [ADDED!] - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 [ADDED!] - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3 - Henry 45-70 [NEW!]|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M [NEW!]|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez - SFG 50 [ADDED!]|