|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 0|
|Damage||34 -> 20|
|Range||40 max -> 90 min|
|Magazine Size||17, 18|
|Rate of Fire||780 RPM|
The Glock 17 is an Austrian Pistol. It is unlocked by default.
The Glock 17 is a safe action, semi automatic pistol designed and manufactured by Glock Ges.m.b.H. since 1982. The pistol is chambered in the 9x19mm Parabellum round, a common NATO pistol round. The Glocks are a series of polymer-framed, short recoil-operated, locked breech semi-automatic pistols. Initially, there were doubts about its reliability due to its frame being mostly made of Polymer 2, a type of plastic. The Glock entered Austrian military and police service by 1982 after it was the top performer on a series of reliability and safety tests. Since then, it has seen usage all over the world, becoming the standard 9x19mm pistol of countless law enforcement agencies.
The Glock 17 has good damage overall, sporting a 3-Shot-Kill (3SK) up close, dropping to a 5SK at long range, although being a pistol, its range is fairly short. It has a very good magazine size, at 17+1 rounds, having the third highest magazine capacity of any secondary weapon, behind the G18 and the TEC-9. Its Rate of Fire (RoF) is moderately fast, at 780 RPM, on par with the M9. It also has good hipfire accuracy, as do most pistols, and boasts low recoil.
Usage & Tactics
The G17 is comparable to the M9. Both have the same damage figures and RoF, but differ in other areas. The G17 has better recoil than the M9, kicking upwards less, making it easier to fire faster while remaining on target. Plus, it has a slightly larger magazine capacity, making it better for tackling multiple foes at once.
Although having damage similar to that of some Assault Rifles and Carbines, it lacks the necessary traits to be used at longer ranges. Compared to such weapons, accuracy is poorer, but more importantly, its shorter range and lower muzzle velocity limits its ability to engage at such distances. The G17 should not be used as a primary weapon, but rather, as a traditional sidearm.
The G17 is ideal in situations where a user is forced to switch weapons quickly, for example, when the user's primary weapon runs dry when either more enemies are in close proximity to the player or engaging an enemy but failing to kill them. The G17 is beneficial in these situations, as it allows the user to be able to defend themselves against incoming foes or quickly down an enemy they’ve failed to kill with their primary. Another example is when a user is using a longer-ranged weapon, such as a Sniper Rifle or Designated Marksman Rifle, and must switch to a weapon better suited for Close-Quarters-Combat (CQC). The G17 is able to perform quite well in CQC, with its ability to quickly down opponents due to its high firerate and good damage being very much welcome in close-quarters.
Aiming for the head will also improve the G17's killing potential, as two headshots will kill a full-health enemy, putting the G17 on par with the M1911 or M45A1 in this regard, although these weapons can 2SK without the need for headshots and aiming for the head is not always viable, so it would depend on the user's needs for a sidearm.
The Glock 17 overall is a reliable pistol much like the M9. Its useful in situations where a user requires a sidearm they can quickly switch to and down a target, or one that's able to tackle multiple foes at once. However, it lacks the range and muzzle velocity of other sidearms to be capable at longer ranged engagements.
Pros & Cons
- Largest magazine capacity of any semi-automatic pistol.
- Low recoil.
- Quick reload.
- Unlocked by default.
- High RoF.
- Poor accuracy when sprayed.
- Low muzzle velocity.
- High muzzle rise.
- The in-game model is a 4th Gen Glock due to having an enlarged magazine release found on Gen 4 pistols.
- It also doesn't have an external safety like most guns do. Instead it has a trigger safety (which is why the trigger looks different than most triggers) and some internal safeties.
- The G17 has the highest magazine capacity of the semi-automatic pistols.
- As of 12/4/2015, in-game, the Glock 17 is now called simply G17.
- The G17 once had a grey top and black bottom, it has a new black top and yellow bottom for it's new look.
- The G17 is the first weapon that had a change in appearance before the Skins Update.
- After the July 4th 2017 update, the G17 was added as a default secondary.
- The 3.2.0 update allowed the G17 to use the alternate "gangster aim" by pressing T, along with the G18.
- Before the 4th of July Update, when the G17 was unlocked at Rank 2, you could glitch and equip it when if you were under Rank 2, by spam clicking the G17 in the Weapon Loadout.