The G36 is a German assault rifle made by German firearms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K GmbH) that is unlocked at Rank 25 or purchasable with credits(CR).
Developed during from 1990-1995, the G36 replaced its larger-caliber predecessor, the G3 assault rifle, in 1995 as the standard assault rifle of the German Bundeswehr. Later, however, in 2012, users of G36 rifles in Afghanistan reported that in long duration firefights, the G36 would overheat after several hundred rounds had been fired in full automatic, while the correct usage in battle is in semi-auto unless suppressive fire is required, and it would become hard to hit anything at 100 meters, and useless past 200 meters. In 2012, it has been stated by the German Minister Of Defense that the G36 will be phased out and will be replaced by the new G38 (HK416). The G36C is the carbine version of this weapon, and there is also an LMG version called the MG36 variant that uses a heavier barrel, a bipod and is issued with a 100-round Beta C magazine.
The G36 can switch only between semi-automatic and full-automatic fire modes. It comes with a telescopic 1.5x magnification optic as the default optic, instead of the usual set of iron sights that you'd normally have as default, and is one of the two assault rifles in-game which come with an optic by default. It is an accurate, long-barreled weapon that also has very controllable recoil and a high rate of fire, although it is slower than some other assault rifles, like the FAMAS.
The G36 comes with high accuracy (for its class) off the bat, and can be effective at long ranges with the right attachments and some skill. Thanks to its long barrel and aforementioned accuracy, this rifle has very low recoil per shot and can accurately fire off rounds on semi-auto quickly enough to take out a far-away hostile even if you have absolutely no attachments for it. The telescopic sights on this weapon can come in handy here. However, the sights which make the stock gun accurate can be very inaccurate when moving. Replacing it with another optic, even the basic Z-Point, will solve this.
The G36 is a rifle that is more effective at mid to long range combat, although it is still quite powerful at short ranges. Another trade off is that with the high rate of fire, it is important that you land as many of your shots as possible, or else you will burn through your magazines and quickly find yourself dangerously low on reserve ammo. No suppressor will decrease its hits-to-kill, making this weapon is a good candidate for a stealth setup.
Pros And Cons
- High accuracy, good for long range engagements.
- Built in telescopic sight.
- High DPS at medium range.
- Low to medium recoil, very handy.
- Good rate of fire.
- Almost all sights will reduce the Accuracy stats on this weapon, whether it is the easily-unlocked up Z-Point or the fancy ACOG scope. Because the stat bars really don't mean anything, this doesn't really matter much.
- The default optic has a low field of view, making it less useful for CQC.
- Bad hip fire spread.
- The G36's carry handle takes up a large portion of the screen, and changing the sights will not help with this issue.
- In the early stage of the game, when the player put an optic attachment on the G36, the carry handle was removed.
- The G36's real-life integrated sight is of 3x magnification, though the Phantoms Forces variant has a 1.5x magnification.
- Export versions only have 1.5x magnification, so it can be concluded that the G36 in-game is an export version.
- In real life, soldiers have reported the barrel of the G36 and variant rifles quickly overheating and losing their zero when used in sustained fire. This is due to its design, where a metal trunnion is cast into the plastic receiver housing. This is not an in-game concern.
|List of Weapons|
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defensive Weapons (PDWs)||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns (LMGs)||M60 - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles (DMRs)||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistol||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistol||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez|