|- This article is UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Please excuse its informal appearance and insufficient info while it is being worked on. You can help! Remember to cite your sources when adding new information to pages about upcoming content.
| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
|AS VAL, SR-3M|
A high capacity magazine, or a large capacity magazine, is a magazine for a firearm which is capable of holding more ammunition than a 'normal' magazine. For example, a normal or standard magazine capacity of an M16 rifle is 30 rounds, whereas larger ones are able to hold up to much more. In popular culture, this is commonly referred to as an "Extended Magazine".
The term is mainly seen in video games and refers to the increase in the ammunition capacity of a weapon's magazine.
In real life, multiple types of magazines of various sizes and shapes can be found for countless of different weapons.
The Extended Magazine attachment increases the number of rounds in the magazine. In the AS VAL's and SR-3M's cases, it increases it by 10 rounds, giving the AS VAL and SR-3M a 30-round magazine at the expense of the ammuniton reserve decreasing from 120 rounds to 90. This greatly increases the weapons' effectiveness as it gives them the ability to engage and kill more enemies before needing to reload. However, the reduced ammunition reserve means user will have to scavange for ammunition from dropped weapons. For the Glock 18, it increases the capacity to 33.
Usage & Tactics
The Extended Magazine makes the AS VAL much more effective overall. Due to the increased magazine size, the AS VAL has better potential to kill multiple enemies within a short period of time. It also means reloads become less frequent, which is helpful on a weapon like the AS VAL.
The weapon becomes far more effective in Close-Quarters-Combat (CQC), where it is able to take advantage of its 3 Shot-Kill (3SK) up to 40 studs with bodyshots. Compared to other fast-firing weapons, like the FAMAS, they don't have this 3SK ability with bodyshots, with the AS VAL having a lower Time-To-Kill (TTK) than its competitors excluding headshots.
It is recommended that the Extended Magazine is equipped on the AS VAL as soon as the user can, seeing that the extended magazine greatly decreases the amount of reloads the user makes, therefore making them better protected against large amounts of enemies.
- The AS VAL's 30 round 9x39mm magazines were originally designed for the SR-3M, but they are also compatible with the AS VAL and VSS Vintorez.
- Even though they use the same magazine type, the VSS Vintorez cannot equip the Extended Magazine. This is probably for balancing reasons.
- The Extended Magazine was actually in the game's code long before they were actually added to the game. When a player got 1000 kills with the AS VAL, they would get a popup saying they unlocked the attachment, but the attachment itself was not to be found.
- The Extended Magazine attachment was originally an experimental attachment that was planned to be removed by the 1.0.3 update, but Lito forgot to do so.
- The AS VAL's magazine model does not change with the attachment on. This is most likely because Shay did not make a model for it and due to the attachment was supposed to be only an experiment.
- Variants of this attachment were available on multiple weapons in the CTE.
- As of 3.13.0, the AS VAL and SR-3M’s ammunition reserve will be cut to 90 with the extended magazine equipped.
|Optics||Primary|| ACOG - C79 - Comp Aimpoint - Coyote Sight - EOTech 552 - EOTech XPS2 - Kobra Sight - M145 - MARS - PK-A - PKA-S - PM II - PSO-1 - PU-1 - Reflex Sight|
VCOG 6x Scope - PSO-1M2 Scope - Z-Point - Extended Stock
|Secondary||Delta Sight - Full Ring Sight - Half Ring Sight - Mini Sight|
|Underbarrel||Grips||Angled Grip - Folding Grip - Stubby Grip - Vertical Grip|
|Miscellaneous||Flashlight - Laser - Green Laser|
|Barrel||Flash and Sound Suppression||ARS Suppressor - Flash Hider - PBS-1 Suppressor - PBS-4 Suppressor|
R2 Suppressor - Suppressor - Osprey Suppressor - Sionics Suppressor ●
|Recoil Management||Muzzle Brake - Compensator|
|Other||Aid aiming||Ballistics Tracker - Boom Stock - Glock Stock - Green Laser - Laser|
|Backup sights||Canted Delta Sight - Canted Iron Sights|
|Ammunition|| 33 Round Magazine - Extended Magazine - Buckshot - Flechette - Birdshot|
Slugs - Hollow Point - Armor Piercing
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|