|Kills Required||1000 Kills|
|Available on||AS VAL|
A high capacity magazine, or a large capacity magazine, is a magazine for a firearm which is capable of holding more ammunition than a 'normal' magazine. For example, a normal or standard magazine capacity of an M16 rifle is 30 rounds, whereas larger ones are able to hold up to much more. In popular culture, this is commonly referred to as an "Extended Magazine".
The term is mainly seen in video games and refers to the increase in the ammunition capacity of a weapon's magazine.
In real life, multiple types of magazines of various sizes and shapes can be found for countless of different weapons.
The Extended Magazine attachment increases the number of rounds in the magazine. In the AS VAL's case, it increases it by 10 rounds, giving the AS VAL a 30-round magazine, matching most Assault Rifles' normal magazine capacity. This greatly increases the AS VAL's effectiveness as it gives it the ability to engage and kill more enemies before needing to reload. For the G18, it increases the capacity to 33.
- The AS VAL's 30 round 9x39mm magazines were originally designed for the SR-3M, but they are also compatible with the AS VAL and VSS Vintorez.
- Even though they use the same magazine type, neither the SR-3M nor VSS can equip the Extended Magazine. This is probably for balancing reasons.
- The Extended Magazine was actually in the game's code long before they were actually added to the game. When a player got 1000 kills with the AS VAL, they would get a popup saying they unlocked the attachment, but the attachment itself was not to be found.
- The Extended Mags attachment was originally an experimental attachment that was planned to be removed by the 1.0.3 update, but Lito forgot to do so.
- The AS VAL's magazine model does not change with the attachment on. This is most likely because Shay did not make a model for it and after all, the attachment was supposed to be only an experiment.
- Variants of this attachment on multiple weapons were in the CTE.
|List of Attachments|
|Optics||Primary||ACOG - C79 - Comp Aimpoint - Coyote Sight - EOTech 552 - EOTech XPS2 - Kobra Sight - M145 - MARS - PK-A - PKA-S - PM II - PSO-1 - Reflex Sight - VCOG 6x Scope - Z-Point|
|Secondary||Delta Sight - Full Ring Sight - Half Ring Sight - Mini Sight - VCOG 6x Scope|
|Underbarrel||Grips||Angled Grip - Folding Grip - Stubby Grip - Vertical Grip|
|Miscellaneous||Flashlight - Laser - Green Laser|
|Barrel||Flash and Sound Suppression||ARS Suppressor - Flash Hider - PBS-1 Suppressor - PBS-4 Suppressor - R2 Suppressor - Suppressor|
|Recoil Management||Muzzle Brake - Compensator|
|Other||Aid aiming||Ballistics Tracker - Boom Stock - Glock Stock - Green Laser - Laser|
|Backup sights||Canted Delta Sight - Canted Iron Sights|
|Ammunition||33 Round Magazine - Extended Magazine - Buckshot - Flechette - Birdshot - Slugs - Hollow Point [NEW!] - Armor Piercing [NEW!]|