|Kills Required||1000 Kills|
|Available on||AS VAL|
The Extended Magazine is an attachment available to the AS VAL. It is unlocked by attaining 1000 kills, or can be unlocked with credits (CR).
A high capacity magazine, or a large capacity magazine, is a magazine for a firearm which is capable of holding more ammunition than a 'normal' magazine. For example, a normal or standard magazine capacity of an M16 rifle is 30 rounds, whereas larger ones are able to hold up to much more. In popular culture, this is commonly referred to as an "Extended Magazine".
The term is mainly seen in video games and refers to the increase in the ammunition capacity of a weapon's magazine.
In real life, multiple types of magazines of various sizes and shapes can be found for countless of different weapons.
The Extended Magazine attachment increases the number of rounds in the magazine. In the AS VAL's case, it increases it by 10 rounds, giving the AS VAL the standard 30 round magazine that all the other assault rifles have. This greatly increases the AS VAL's effectiveness as it gives it the ability to fight more enemies without reloading as often.
- The AS VAL's 30 round 9x39mm magazines were originally designed for the SR-3M, but they are also compatible with the AS VAL and VSS Vintorez.
- The Extended Mags was actually in the game's code, long before they were actually added to the game. When a player got 1000 kills with the AS VAL, they would get a popup saying they unlocked the attachment, but the attachment itself was not to be found.
- The popup did not show up on the VSS or SR-3M, however.
- The Extended Mags attachment was an experimental attachment that was planned to be removed by the 1.0.3 update, but Lito forgot to do so. He may also consider adding the attachment to the VSS and SR-3M and other weapons.
- The AS VAL's magazine model does not change with the attachment on. This is most likely because Shay did not make a model for it and after all, the attachment was supposed to be only an experiment.
- Variants of this attachment on multiple weapons were in the CTE.
- It was added in the 1.0.3 release. It is located in the Other category.
|List of Attachments|
|Optics||Primary||Acog Scope - C79 - Comp Aimpoint - Coyote Sight - EOTech 552 - EOTech XPS2 - Kobra Sight - M145 - MARS - PK-A - PKA-S - PM II [NEW!] - PSO-1 [NEW!] - Reflex Sight - Vcog 6x Scope - Z-Point|
|Secondary||Delta Sight - Full Ring Sight - Half Ring Sight - Mini Sight - Vcog 6x Scope|
|Underbarrel||Grips||Angled Grip - Folding Grip - Stubby Grip - Vertical Grip|
|Barrel||Flash and Sound Suppression||ARS Suppressor - Flash Hider - PBS-1 Suppressor - PBS-4 Suppressor - R2 Suppressor - Suppressor|
|Recoil Management||Muzzle Brake - Compensator|
|Other||Aid aiming||Ballistics Tracker - Green Laser - Laser|
|Backup sights||Canted Delta Sight - Canted Iron Sights|
|Ammunition||Shotgun ammunition - Extended Magazine|