|Map Type||Abandoned Motel Park|
Dunes is one of the latest maps to be added into Phantom Forces. It is an abandoned motel park in the middle of the desert, which has turned from a condemned building into an abandoned junkyard.
The gas station is located to the left of the Phantom's main spawn point. The roof is collapsed, where it houses the A flare during Flare Domination. The objective is situated on a ramp outside the gas station and is surrounded by hard, low-level cover.
The gas station's main building, however, houses several shelves, and is almost identical to the one in Crane Site. On the roof, ventilation ducts provide adequate cover, often used by snipers.
Empty Swimming Pool
The swimming pool, unlike the one featured in "Suburbia", is fairly large and sits to the left of the Ghost's spawn. During Flare Domination, the C flare is located inside the swimming pool. There are 2 possible ways to exit the pool; either an exit ramp on the far side or ladders on the side facing the hill on the outskirts of the map.
Small Water Tower
This building in the corner of the map is a high point, and most of the map can be seen from this position. The top of the tower is only accessible by ladder, however, cover is minimal up top.
The Hill on KOTH and capture point for B is in the middle of the map. Protected by cars and barriers, it, however, is quite open and easily captured if you spam plenty of grenades in and there are no enemies on the roofs. Also, all the roofs can fire down upon the capture zone, making it quite difficult to capture sometimes.
The motel itself is composed of four different buildings, two of which are connected by concrete catwalks. These buildings provide staging areas for ambushes within the motel rooms, and sniper vantage points all along the roof. These motel rooms can be easily accessed by glass doors on the back of most of the second-floor rooms, which also provide better assault points when raining down fire on the enemy spawn. The catwalks on both the Phantom side and Ghost side have stairwells for moving up and down floors, with a small ladder leading to the roof. On both buildings, a piece of the roof has collapsed, allowing for a second route for players on the second floor to move up to the roof.
The junkyard provides one of the many spawn points for the Ghosts. With a pile of cars, old props, and old signs, the junkyard provides a poor staging area for most intents and purposes but is also one of the spawn points that provides the quickest rotation time to the objective on KOTH. A small water tower nearby provides a poor sniping position.
Collapsed Water Tower
Located nearby to the Gas Station, the Phantoms spawn, and a motel block, the collapsed water tower provides a decent point of interest for snipers and campers. It is surrounded by large dunes and a half-submerged school bus. It also is one of the highest points on the map, making it dangerous for anyone who sets foot up there, as it has little protection. It has a hollow interior with wooden boards to allow walkway, this can be accessed via the submerged school bus or the hole in the back.
|Location||Flare Domination||King of the Hill|
Many different strategies can be used for this map. The rooftops of the motel blocks are decent spots for sniping, but it leaves a user exposed to attack from many angles. Another spot suited for sniping is atop of the water tower or the tipped over tower at the edges of the map, however, the water tower is a vulnerable spot to snipe from given its lack of cover and reputation for already having snipers. The tall sandy hill on the Ghosts side is also a favorite for snipers, and snipers can easily be obscured by the sun should shaders be turned on.
The windows of the motel block provide good vantage points over the area between the two blocks, being good spots to defend access to the hill in King of The Hill or watching a flare in Domination. Snipers, LMGs and DMRs are well suited for such gameplay. Even assault rifles can fit this role, although lacking the range of previous weapon types, what's lost in range performance is made up for in mobility, hipfire and rate of fire.
More CQC orientated weapons, such as shotguns and PDWs, are great for clearing out rooms in either the motel block or other smaller buildings or for capturing the hill in KOTH. These weapons will provide the quicker TTK needed in close-quarter gunfights.
Assault rifles will generally suit medium ranged combat, being able to fight across the rooftops and over medium ranged sightlines. They will also provide better all-round performance compared to most PDWs and LMGs.
There is a sinkhole - a key objective in KOTH - in the middle of the parking lot useful for players with CQC oriented weaponry. The sandy ramps provide a small but obvious corner-check spot that a player can score a kill or two from should a lone player come down. Barricades in the middle provide low cover for players proned behind them. The extrusions from the walls provide small voids where players can cover themselves from incoming fire long enough to sneak in a reload. Most concerted assaults into the sinkhole start with a frag or two being thrown in to clear out anyone on or near the hill, followed by players pouring in from both sides to overwhelm anyone camped in corners. Extremely mobile players can use all of the low cover and cramped quarters to provide enough distractions to buy time for allies to barrel in, or confuse less agile enemies for quick kills.
- This map was added in the 3.2.0 update.
- When released, Dunes broke a lot of servers and tended to cause panic as a result.
- This map has the longest sightlines of any map since Crane Site Revamped; Highway Lot doesn't count since those sightlines are mainly just empty space.
- This is one of only three maps to be desert-themed, the others being Desert Storm and Crane Site.
- Dunes has been a highly unpopular map due to framerate issues and map balancing.
- There is a moon rover next to the piles of cars, and a moon lander in the far corner of the map, out of reach. Both are from the removed map Base Luna.
- Near the Ghosts spawn, there is a sign that says "New Vegas." This is a reference to Fallout: New Vegas, which is also where Litozinnamon lifted gun sounds for some weapons in Call of Robloxia 5 (namely the M1911 and P38).
- Next to the "New Vegas" sign is a small yellow one that is a reference to a company called "Blockbuster".
- Blockbuster was a highly popular movie rental company in the 90s and early 2000s. However, it is said to have been killed by Netflix, which sent movies to people's mailboxes - later paving the way for video-on-demand (VoD) streaming. Another contributor to Blockbuster's demise was the Redbox movie pickup system, primarily installed at supermarkets. Redbox systems could easily offer multiple current movies in a much smaller footprint without having to be manned.
- Dunes has the exact same gas station as Crane Site, just much larger. Much like that map, the gas station has a Swedish Fish package underneath the cash register.
- The position of the Hill used to be above in the parking lot, as the sewers never existed. The Hill was also surround by random props, such as vending machines and tables.
- Some people theorize that Dunes was actually the aftermath of an alien invasion.
|Active Maps|| Crane Site - Desert Storm - Dunes - Highway Lot - Mall - Metro - Mirage - Ravod 911 - Rig|
Ruins - Suburbia - Warehouse
|In Testing Maps||Construction Site - Black Site|
|Removed Maps||Airport - Base Luna - Blizzard - Crane Site Revamped - Dust - Ravod 911 (Classic)|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|