|This page is OUTDATED!
Some information in this page is incorrect due to a recent game update. You can help by gathering up-to-date information, then editing the page with the new information.
|A view of Crane Site featuring the eponymous crane.|
|Location||Crossroads in a desert|
The Crane Site is one of the first maps ever created for Phantom Forces. The crane map was created by the user shaylan007, one of the three developers. Before it had an actual name, players simply called it "Crane". The map has a four-story office building, a multi-story parking lot, a gas station, a garage, a partially constructed building with a sky-walk leading from the offices to the aforementioned building, a pair of silos, colored trailer, bunker & this map's defining feature - the crane. The crane is the central focus of this map, and why is it called Crane Site.
As of version 2.0.0, Crane Site has received a visual makeover, featuring an all-new crane and redesigned buildings.
|Location||Flare Domination||King of the Hill|
The most notable thing about this map is its iconic crane. It's a hotspot for less-experienced snipers. It can be very effective for sniping, but be very cautious - being on the crane means that one is constantly exposed. The best place to snipe on the crane is on the concrete slab on the right side. However, by sniping there, a player's head can be easily exposed by a Ballistics Tracker and snipers below can kill you in one shot. Not only that, but players can be extremely easily shot at from below, as the "floor" of the crane is a thin metal grate.
Many of the more skilled players like to farm kills off of those who camp up there. Some great places to snipe the players who camp up there without being seen are the parking garage and office building.
This map is friendly for long-ranged weapons. Snipers and Shotguns with the Slugs are very useful for taking out unsuspecting players from a distance. Melee weapons are useful for taking out snipers. By making it to their camping spot with your melee, your agility is significantly better and it‘s easy to be stealthy, so there is not much that snipers can do when you get really close to them.
- Before 2.0.0., there is an Eye of Providence on the back of the office building.
- In the alpha, shooting the eyeball while scoped in with a sniper would warp you to the top of the radio tower for a free sniping position until you run out of ammo.
- The tower in the back of the map is the same tower in the map Caspian Border from Battlefield 3.
- In the Gas Station, there is a Swedish Fish package just under the counter on the shelf. Before 2.0.0., all of the other shelves and fridges were filled with Doritos and Mountain Dew.
- The green sign near the crane humorously reads "Danger zone 9001km", and "Nowhere 257km", referring to the fact that the map is in the middle of a desert.
- In the Alpha, it was possible to "Wallrun" up the back of the Gas Station to get to the roof.
- This map was home of the open beta testing for the UMP-45.
- In the update 2.0.0, the map was revamped to be "more clean, polished and appealing" to players, while the actual Crane Site Revamped map was removed from the map roster.
- There is a Pepe flag at the very top of the radio tower after 2.0.0.
- This is only one of three maps to be desert-themed, the others being Desert Storm and Dunes
|List of Maps|
|Active Maps||Crane Site - Desert Storm - Highway Lot - Mall - Metro - Warehouse - Ravod 911 - Suburbia - Dunes|
|Removed Maps||Base Luna - Crane Site Revamped - Airport|