- Try to tap-fire or use an alternative fire mode when engaging enemies at extreme distances. It is difficult to control the automatic fire of an Assault Rifle when engaging far-away enemies.
- Be careful when reloading. Though most rifles have a relatively short reload, it is very possible that an enemy may catch you midway through a reload if you attempt one at the wrong time. If this happens, simply reload-cancel by left clicking. This will save your life in many situation if you remember to.
- Knowing when and where to engage a target is the key to winning a gun fight. Pacing your shots correctly and precisely will help kill an enemy a lot quicker, and preserve ammo.
|32-24||50 max -> 120 min||General: 39
Unlocked at Rank 10, the AN-94 is unusual for its default 2-round burst mode, that fires at a very high rate.
- The defining feature of the AN-94 is its 1800-RPM 2-round burst mode. Learning to use it effectively is imperative to using the AN-94 well.
- The full-auto firing mode also fires a quick 2-round burst at the beginning, which gives the user an advantage in a gunfight at most ranges if the user can land those 2 shots, as at long range, they are very accurate like the 2-round burst firemode, and at close range, the quick burst of bullets improves the high TTK of this gun in close quarters.
- The AN-94 can shine at almost all ranges, though in very close quarters it is outgunned by high-rate-of-fire automatic weapons, even on burst mode.
- The AN-94 values accuracy over rate of fire. Throwing off an AN-94 user's aim can go a long way towards preventing him from killing you.
- An AN-94 player values predictability in his opponents in order to line up shots that will kill them. Try taking unconventional routes or using unconventional movement (sliding, going prone, etc.) when fighting an AN-94 user.
- Try closing the range to point-blank where the AN-94's slight delay between bursts can lead to the death of its user, especially after the July 4th, 2017 update.
Suggested by Blackisle3122.
This configuration is optimized for combat at short or medium ranges - preferably in the area between those two. Overall, this configuration emphasizes aimed accuracy, with the Stubby Grip and Compensator working to decrease recoil while the Green Laser increases accuracy while aiming down the sight. This means that aiming down the sights at an enemy in a mid-range firefight is the most preferable situation with this configuration. However, should you find yourself in very close quarters combat, you may have trouble using this configuration since aiming down the sights at those ranges is difficult, and the Green Laser emphasizes aimed rather than hip accuracy.
Medium Range Specialist
Suggested by Ivan Clemente.
Due to the AN-94's low recoil, it is very possible to use it as a medium-to-long range sniping weapon. However, like all Assault Rifles, its low damage per shot means that you have to consistently hit enemies in order to kill them - switching to the laser-beam accurate fully automatic fire mode of the AN-94 can aid in this. The Rifle Scope aids in spotting enemies at medium-range, whilst the Angled Grip, Compensator, and Green Laser all aid in medium-to-long range shooting. However, as can be expected, this configuration suffers heavily in close-range engagements, unless you can manage to aim with a magnified scope at very close range.
|34-24||40 max -> 75 min||General: 25
Unlocked at Rank 15, the AS VAL features an integral suppressor and is chambered in a special cartridge.
- The AS VAL fires at a blistering rate of fire for an Automatic Assault Rifle. Be very careful with your trigger discipline if engaging more than one enemy; it is very possible to waste an entire magazine on one person.
- Aim for close-quarters duels with enemies using slower-firing weapons when using the AS VAL. In this way, it can be thought of as a slightly beefier PDW.
- Due to its integral suppressor, the AS VAL cannot take barrel attachments. This means it will always be suppressed.
- Use this fact to your advantage to sneak around to the enemy's back area without him seeing you on the radar.
- Since the VAL fires so quickly, medium-to-long range engagements are definitely its weak point. Seek these engagements if fighting someone using an AS VAL.
- Stay out of choke-points, doorways, and other easy places for a VAL user to target groups if you know one is lurking around.
- Even if using Extended Magazines, AS VALs have to be reloaded quite often. Use this to your advantage by charging against someone you know has an empty magazine.
This configuration is designed, essentially, for point-blank range work. Oddly for the AS VAL, this configuration sacrifices the 10 extra bullets of the extended magazine for the laser attachment.