|Kills Required||1500 Kills|
|Available on||All Primaries (except KSG12), Orbrez, Serbu Shotgun and SFG 50|
Ballistic Tracker is one of the accuracy improving attachments and is available for all Primary Weapons, the Obrez, Serbu Shotgun, and the SFG 50. It requires either 1500 kills or 1700 credits to unlock.
The Ballistics Tracker rests in the Other category. It is available for any primary weapon and is unlocked by getting 1500 kills with a weapon or buying it with credits. The Ballistics Tracker is not available for any secondary weapon except for the Obrez ,the Serbu Shotgun and the SFG 50. It is an iPhone 6S mounted to the side of the weapon.
The Ballistics Tracker will automatically put white diamonds above the head of any enemy within your field of view, effectively spotting them without pressing the spot button. However, this diamond is only visible to you when aim and not your teammates. Shooting the diamond will result in a headshot, as the Ballistics Tracker compensates for bullet drop. The Ballistics Tracker is great when used with any sniper rifle as it helps highlight the area where you need to shoot in order to inflict a headshot, which in sniper rifles, is an instant kill if you get a headshot. It cannot compensate for lead, so shooting at moving targets may result in a miss at extreme ranges. However, it may still be hard to "shoot the diamond" on the Ballistics Tracker as the target may suddenly move.
The Ballistics Tracker is a great attachment for sniper rifles and DMRs. Weapons with comparatively high bullet drop like the Dragunov SVU can take great advantage of this. However, the Ballistics Tracker can find a purpose on other weapons. Even high-recoil LMGs can be used because the Tracker auto-spots enemies and can make for much faster target acquisition. It's good on semi-automatic guns for sniping without ever using a sniper rifle. This attachment is helpful in many cases involving longer-ranged shooting because of its compensating for bullet drop, and in dark areas where enemies can hide in plain sight. Enemies whose heads are hidden will not be automatically spotted, so you should still remain alert even while the white diamond marks everyone.
This attachment was considered to be overpowered because it auto spots all enemies within the user's vision. The developers have since tweaked it a little by causing it to only activate when aiming down the sights.
Pros & Cons
- Compensates for bullet drop
- Helps you find opponents
- Gives you no advantage in hip-fire, due to it only working when ADS
- Since it's in the "other" section in attachments, you can't have lasers, canted sights, different ammunition etc. when using it (unless you have a gun like L22 where lasers are in the underbarrel section)
- The Ballistic Tracker is arguably the most hated attachment in the game by players, due to being considered to easily making up for poor aim by players, stereotypically lower rank players.
- It's also hated due to the common occurrence of lower rank players buying the attachment, which is frowned upon.
- A common sight is the Ballistic Tracker being paired with the BFG 50.
- The Ballistics Tracker being a smartphone may be an in-joke to the fact that smartphones are claimed to be able to do just about everything. People can download ballistics calculators for their phones in real life, but they only accept pre-measured data and don't have even a remotely similar experience.
- When the attachment is put on a fully automatic weapon, the gun will recoil to the left when shooting.
- The Ballistics Tracker's Screen is on the iPhone's camera, taking a picture.
- In the 2017 April Fools, the Ballistic Tracker could be mounted on the TEC-9 (Nicknamed KEK-9: a one shot hit TEC-9). Later it was removed as everything else was reverted back to normal.
|List of Attachments|
|Optics||Primary||Acog Scope - C79 - Comp Aimpoint - Coyote Sight - EOTech 552 - EOTech XPS2 - Kobra Sight - M145 - MARS - PK-A - PKA-S - PM II [NEW!] - PSO-1 [NEW!] - Reflex Sight - Vcog 6x Scope - Z-Point|
|Secondary||Delta Sight - Full Ring Sight - Half Ring Sight - Mini Sight - Vcog 6x Scope|
|Underbarrel||Grips||Angled Grip - Folding Grip - Stubby Grip - Vertical Grip|
|Barrel||Flash and Sound Suppression||ARS Suppressor - Flash Hider - PBS-1 Suppressor - PBS-4 Suppressor - R2 Suppressor - Suppressor|
|Recoil Management||Muzzle Brake - Compensator|
|Other||Aid aiming||Ballistics Tracker - Green Laser - Laser|
|Backup sights||Canted Delta Sight - Canted Iron Sights|
|Ammunition||Shotgun ammunition - Extended Magazine|