|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Sniper Rifle|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 41|
|Damage||80 -> 70|
|Range||30 max -> 115 min|
|Magazine Size||5, 6|
|Rate of Fire||45 RPM|
The AWS (Arctic Warfare Suppressed) is an integrally suppressed version of the AW (Arctic Warfare) series of bolt-action rifles, designed to cope with the extreme conditions of arctic combat. Since it is designed to use subsonic ammunition, the overall noise when firing is very quiet. Although it is integrally suppressed, the AWS has the same overall length as the AW rifles. This was done by shortening the barrel length from the AW's 26 inches to 16 inches. The user can also replace the AWS barrel with any AW barrel in a matter of minutes.
The AWS is a unique bolt action rifle, as it is equipped with integral suppressor. Its integral suppressor masks the firing sound significantly while retaining relatively good damage and range compared to if you put a suppressor on other snipers. The integral suppressor bars the player from using barrel attachments, the trade off for for all integrally suppressed weapons.
Usage & Tactics
The AWS, like the Mosin Nagant and L115A3, suits a more aggressive playstyle, due to its fast cycle rate. Unlike the Mosin Nagant and L115A3, when shooting, you will not appear on the mini-map due to the Integral suppressor, so if you miss, you're not penalized as much. Nevertheless, the suppressor still hinders the muzzle velocity of the AWS with velocity being at a reduced 2000 studs/sec, opposed to the standard of 3000 studs/sec for in-game sniper rifles. This means that at longer ranges, you will have to lead your targets more than normal.
Pros & Cons
- Cannot be detected on the mini-map while firing due to the Integral suppressor
- Default optic is partially illuminated
- Has fastest in-class tactical reload (tied with L115A3)
- Second fastest in-class ADS time (behind Mosin Nagant; tied with L115A3)
- Second fastest firing in-class weapon (again, tied with L115A3)
- PM II optic is removable
- Cannot attach VCOG scope
- Uses an integral supressor
- Very distinct, recognisable and unique firing sound.
- Lower muzzle velocity due to the integral suppressor
- Cannot accept barrel attachments
- Low magazine capacity
- Very slow empty reload
- Although the in-game stats show that it is chambered in .308 Winchester with a 5-round magazine, in real life, it is chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO with a 10-round magazine.
- The AWS is the first integrally suppressed sniper rifle in-game.
- Before the AWS' nerf, it had a 3,000 stud/s velocity despite being integrally suppressed.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_International_Arctic_Warfare#AWS_.28Arctic_Warfare_Suppressed.29
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - MAC-10 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - Colt LMG - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - AWS - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - L115A3 - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3 - Henry 45-70|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870 - KS-23M|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez - SFG 50|