The AUG A3 Para is the Personal Defense Weapon version of the AUG A3. The AUG A3 Para is unlocked at Rank 80 or can be purchased with credits (CR).
The AUG Para 3 also known as the AUG SMG or AUG 9mm is the 9×19mm Parabellum SMG version of the Steyr AUG and has been produced since 1988. Differs from AUG A1 model in barrel, bolt, magazine and a magazine well adapter, which allows the rifle to feed from Steyr MPi 69 magazines. This version operates as a blowback firearm, without use of the rifle's gas system. For some time a kit of the above components was available to convert any AUG into a 9 mm variant.
The AUG A3 Para configuration is the 9mm version of the AUG A3, similar to how the AUG Para is the 9mm version of the AUG A1. fIt features a 325 mm-long (12.8 in) barrel and Picatinny rail system. It can come in 25 or 32 round magazines.
The AUG A3 Para looks a lot different outwardly than other AUG rifles and uses different ammunition. While it may sport 5 less rounds than regular AUG weapons, it packs a punch, dealing 34 damage at closest range and firing 780 rounds per minute. Unlike many PDW's, range is not a problem thanks to much of its rifle qualities.
The AUG A3 Para has a moderate recoil per shot and a very good recoil recovery. It has a very tight recoil pattern. However, the AUG A3 Para suffers from high horizontal recoil like the most of the AUG family. It makes the weapon less effective at long range and mediocre at medium range. Despite the recoil, its damage is comparable to the carbines and assault rifles with 3 a shot to kill at close range and 5 shots to kill at long range. In term of time-to-kill, it's very low with this PDW.
The AUG A3 Para has a large variety of munition compatibility, it can pick the ammunition from all other PDWs and 9x19mm pistols. The rate of fire is not high for its category, but its magazine is lower than the average of its category. This PDW has a very long reload time like the other AUG family's weapons. So, the user needs to make sure to have a cover near by to reload the weapon safely.
As a PDW, this weapon performs best in the CQC (Close Quarter Combat) situation. Even the 3-shots-kill capacity, the player will likely use more than 3 bullets due to the high rate-of-fire.
At medium to long range (over 100 studs), the AUG A3 Para will be a one magazine-kill weapon, even though it has the assault rifle damage. It's strongly recommended to use the semi auto mode (press V) to use the AUG A3 Para at these ranges.
Pros and Cons
- High maximum damage
- Low vertical recoil
- Uses common ammunition
- Decent rate of fire
- Low minimum damage
- Lower than average magazine size
- Remarkable amount of horizontal recoil
- Long reload time (a quality all bullpup weapons have)
- Very quick damage drop-off
- It used to be the last PDW (Personal Defence Weapon) to be unlocked, at rank 80. The title now belongs to the newly added Kriss Vector at rank 100.
- When the AUG A3 Para first came out and you equipped a compensator onto it, the aim stability gain went nearly to the end of the stat bar. This has been fixed afterwards. The same applied with the 5.56mm version.
- The full name of this gun is AUG A3 Para XS, but the "XS" is removed in game. Nevertheless, it's not something truly important.
- The AUG A3 Para has went through many controversial nerfs and buffs and is now much weaker than it is on the first version. It also used to have less horizontal recoil and the capability of a 5 shot at long range. However, it is now said to be balanced.
- The gun has a Coyote Brown finish, like the AUG A3 and (formerly) the AUG HBAR.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-12 - AN-94 - AS VAL - SCAR-L - AUG A1 - M16A4 - G36 - M16A3 - AUG A2 - FAMAS - AK47 - AUG A3 - L85A2 - Honey Badger - AK74 - AKM - M231|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5K - UMP45 - MP7 - P90 - MP5 - Colt SMG 635 - MP5SD - MP10 - MP5/10 - AUG A3 Para - Kriss Vector|
|Light Machine Guns||M60 - AUG HBAR - MG36 - L86 LSW - RPK - SCAR-HAMR - RPK-74|
|Sniper Rifles||Intervention - Remington 700 - BFG 50 - Mosin Nagant - Railgun|
|Carbines||M4 - G36C - M4A1 - L22 - SCAR-PDW - SR-3M|
|Designated Marksman Rifles||MK-11 - SKS - Dragunov SVU - VSS Vintorez - SCAR-SSR|
|Battle Rifles||SCAR-H - AG-3|
|Shotguns||KSG-12 - Remington 870|
|Secondary Weapons||Pistols||M9 - G17 - M1911 - DEAGLE 44|
|Machine Pistols||G18 - M93R - TEC-9|
|Other||Serbu Shotgun - Obrez|