|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Assault Rifle|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 0|
|Damage||33 -> 20|
|Range||70 max -> 120 min|
|Magazine Size||30, 31|
|Fire Modes||Auto, 3× Burst, & Semi|
|Rate of Fire||Auto: 700 RPM|
3× Burst: 1000 RPM
The AK-12 is a Russian Assault Rifle. It is unlocked by default.
The Kalashnikov AK-12 (formerly АK-200) is a 5.45x39mm assualt rifle. It is the newest derivative of the Soviet/Russian AK (Avtomat Kalshnikova) series of Assault Rifles and was proposed for a possible general issue to the Russian Army. It was presented to the then Prime Minister of Russia, Vladimir Putin in May 2010 as the AK-200. After some years of evaluation, the Russian military has finally adopted both the AK-12 and the AEK-971 in 2018.
The AK-12 is the first Assault Rifle given to players. The recoil of this rifle is low and has a respectably fast reload time compared to other Assault Rifles. The AK-12 offers three fire modes: fully-automatic, semi-automatic, and a three-round burst mode. The three-round burst mode is a generally good mode to use in close-quarters-combat (CQC), as it sports a faster rate-of-fire (RoF) than when it is set on full-auto. A problem with the burst mode is that it becomes less accurate at long range, though it can still hold up at mid-range. The automatic fire mode, while nothing spectacular compared to other Assault Rifles, is fairly accurate, especially if attachments are added.
Usage & Tactics
The full-auto mode is well oriented for medium range combat, especially if the player has chosen attachments that lower recoil. It should be used to kill targets that are outside the range of the AK-12's burst mode, by using tactics like tap-firing to get more accurate shots. The burst mode can be very deadly as it fires at a very fast 1000 RPM. When used properly, a player using the AK-12's burst mode can dispatch enemies with relative ease both in CQC and at longer ranges because of the brisk RoF and low recoil.
Overall, the AK-12 is a very balanced Assault Rifle. It is great for dispatching targets quickly in CQC with its fast burst mode and harassing targets at mid range and beyond with the automatic firing mode. The low recoil and moderate RoF in full-auto makes it a good weapon for new players to get accustomed to using the weapons of the assault rifle class and also a good gateway weapon to introduce players to other burst-fire weapons, such as the M16A4 and AN-94.
Pros & Cons
- Mild recoil in full-auto and semi-auto.
- High RoF in burst mode.
- Good minimum TTK in burst mode.
- Unlocked by default.
- Common ammunition type.
- Incredibly versatile.
- Clean Iron Sights.
- Shorter than average minimum range distance.
- Mediocre TTK in full-auto up close.
- Moderate recoil in burst mode.
- Mediocre RoF in full-auto mode.
- The AK-12's model in-game is based off the 2012 prototype. This is because the in-game model was built before the AK-12 got updated in 2015 and again in 2016.
- The AK-12 features the AK-200's 3-round burst. However, its automatic RoF is that of the final AK-12 model, the AK-400.
- The AK-200 had a modular system where one could change the barrel to fire different calibers.
- The AK-12 in-game is depicted to be longer than the M16A3/A4 in-game. However, the total length of the AK-12 in real life is shorter than the M16A3/A4. (AK-12: 945mm (94.5 cm) vs. M16A4: 1000mm (100 cm).
- This also applies to the other AK guns.
- The AK-12 is considered an ambidextrous weapon, due to the bolt opening on both sides of the rifle. The 'hook' on the bolt can also be swapped to either side, the shells ejecting opposite to said hook's placement.
- Unlike the other AK's which unlock rank is the same as their code (The unlock rank of the AK-47 is 47, AK-74 is 74), the AK-12 is unlocked by default, as it was expected to be 12.
- The AK-12's reload animation was redone in the December 8, 2016 update and got a new color scheme.
- In 10.9.2017 New variants of AK12s were teased with one variant called AK12 BR's firing tests
- The AK-12 was the first weapon in-game to have the Flashlight attachment.
- Russia launched a massive production for the AK-12 (400 variant) in 2018.
- Before v2.0.0, the AK-12 was unlocked at Rank 5.
- It also had a slower full-auto RoF of 650 RPM, matching the real-life AK-200 prototype version of the AK-12.